Kaw FD620D cylinder imbalance

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kaw FD620D cylinder imbalance

Were compression tests done with both plugs removed? If the adjecent cylinder had the spark plug in, it will throw off the readings. If you had both plugs removed while testing the cylinders and only came up with @ a 2% difference in compression readings I wouldn't worry about it. Once you get more than 10% difference, it's time for a repair. Those are pretty good readings for a cold engine by the way.

Yes, both plugs removed.

I thought that was good cold. Thanks for the confirmation. It's my understanding that cold readings are sort of worst case? (I'm no compression reading expert)

And the fuel pump was unplugged. But that's really a story later when I couldn't for the life of me get the thing started.

+ Reply to Thread