Jlo Rockwell wiring help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jlo Rockwell wiring help

Jlo Rockwell wiring help

Ok guys looks like gonna have to use this jlo for a bit till I can get another motor.....was gonna try to fire it up but don't even know where to start.....was gonna see if y'all could help me get a electric start wired up and see what we got from tere.....any advice.....I know nothing about motors

In case you don't get the diagram Brandon....You will have 3 wires coming from the engine. The 2 yellow ones go to a voltage regulator/rectifier, and the other wire gets grounded out to kill the engine.

Is there a certain ignition switch that I need to get

Find one for a lawn mower. It's pretty much standard that they have one terminal that grounds out the motor when turned off. It's also helpful to have one that has a + terminal whenever the ignition is on, headlight or run position. This allows for an hourmeter to be hooked up, and helps with the maintenance schedule. The other option is to buy a tach/hourmeter that hooks to the spark plug wire, and counts time whenever the motor runs.

Thanks guys I'm gomna try to start on this hopefully tonight so maybe I can make a little headway and see if this thing will even run

Ok so ground the black wire and the two yellow wires go into ignition?

Quote Originally Posted by Irvan105 View Post
    Ok so ground the black wire and the two yellow wires go into ignition?
    NO The 2 yellow wires are Alternating Current (AC) produced by the coil under the flywheel (around 30 volts). They need to go to a voltage regulator/rectifier that changes the AC to Direct Current (DC) , and regulates it to approx 13.7 volts to charge the battery.
    The black wire gets grounded to STOP the motor from producing a spark and kill the engine. It needs to be open (not connected to anything) when the engine is running.

So what gets wired to ignition

I assume you mean the Ignition switch. It gets:
    B+ (positive from the battery to run accessories)
    + to the lights (first key position past "off")
    The black wire from the motor(Ign kill)
    The ground, from frame or battery usually to the metal shell of the switch, but could be just to a terminal. This will connect to the blk from the motor ONLY WHEN the key is turned off.
    Some switches will also have a terminal for battery to accessories when in "lights" or "run" positions. Accessories like the hourmeter, electric fuel pump, etc.

+ Reply to Thread