More Muffler Questions: Kohler Magnum 18

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More Muffler Questions: Kohler Magnum 18

More Muffler Questions: Kohler Magnum 18

I just bought a mid 80's argo 8x8 and need to do some work on it.

The muffler is rusted, has a small hole in it and is really LOUD. I don't think there is enough good metal to weld it and am looking to replace it.

Do the OEM mufflers really cost 150 to 200 USD? I looked on ebay.
    Is there a cheaper place to get them?
    Has anyone built a muffler (I have a small mig) and if so are there any plans available?

Thanks in advance
    Tom

Congrats on your purchase!

You can use the search function on the gallery to produce this: Message - Amphibious ATV Pictures

There are some pictures of other members aftermarket exhaust.

I'd be interested to hear more about exhaust options from different members.

And post some pictures of your new buy! Let us know if you need some help getting the pics uploaded.

gimmegreens,

Thanks for the reply! I've been searching the gallery. Its pretty awesome to see what people can build and from some of the videos the exhausts sound pretty good.

I was hoping to find a stock can for this thing but 200 bucks seems pretty steep. I may try to weld one together over the holidays.

I'll get some pictures up once it stops raining. Currently getting a list of all the work that needs to be done. I have one axle that the outer ball bearings just fell out of. The axle moves about an inch in any direction so that will be first on the list. The exhaust is pretty loud and I'd like to get it a little quieter so I don't scare the deer into the next county when going through the woods.

More to come as time permits, I'll be asking a ton of questions and hopefully be able to contribute as well.

Regards,
    Tom

That's cool, hang in there. Someone will reply to your thread with some better information than myself. I subscribed to learn moreso than to contribute! You're in a pretty popular area in the States, there are a lot of riders in the VA/NC area.

+ Reply to Thread