16hp Duromax engine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 16hp Duromax engine

16hp Duromax engine

Read a lot of post about this engine....Some good some not so good...Looking for an honest opinion about this engine. Is it worth the money to put in my 6x6 argo? Use the machine for hauling wood, hunting and just for fun joy rides (replaced my 4 wheeler). Do this have a source to keep the battery charged?

DuroMax 16 Hp., 1'' Shaft, Recoil/Electric Start Engine - XP16HPE XP16HPE

Thanks.
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

I've been considering one of these for a trail machine also,here are some of my observations.
    Pros
    Very reasonable cost.
    Can usually find with free shipping.
    Electric start.
    Suitable size shaft.
    Cons
    I think I saw that these have a 3 amp coil,this would probably keep the battery up but short of some LED's,won't support much lighting,etc.
    One of our members has a thread on this application(I'll have to try to find it) I recall some issues with the fuel tank no longer being mounted directly above the unit and a lot of messing around with carb jetting.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/engin...ning-temp.html

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/engin...ump-issue.html

After the above issues everything works great. Did this in 2 machines and haven't had any issues yet.

Toys4Me, thanks for the update.So this is even more positive reinforcement that this is a valid option for anyone wishing to commission a machine without breaking the bank.

Joe.

Are these engines still holding up OK?

2 Attex's with harbor freight 16's still running great and we aren't exactly gentle on them.

When you say harbor freight "16s"....do you mean their 420 cc motor?

Correct the 420cc engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4Me View Post
    2 Attex's with harbor freight 16's still running great and we aren't exactly gentle on them.
    You guys hammered on your Attexes all weekend at Ashtabula. I was really impressed by those engines...

So you had to end up going up 13 jet sizes and stretch your float spring and put a t in you fuel line? Everything else has bee fine? I wish you would update every 6 months or so. So we could see how they are holding up.

Thanks,
    Jeff

+ Reply to Thread