aquired a attex li'l truck and need help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: aquired a attex li'l truck and need help

Played around tonight and found the left side hydrolic hose coming from the master cylinder was sucked in and the right side was bad but not sucked in. The port also going into the ct was plugged. Everything is cleaned and going to make new hoses tommorrow. Going to try this and see what happens. I have it blocked up and everything is running good. I dont hear any disturbing noises in the trany but that might not matter. Think i am going to keep playing around a little to see if i can make this work. I like the idea of keeping it original its only going to get run around our pond and the farm. We dont have a lot of trails in iowa.

But you do have creeks. So maybe you need some Adair tracks.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Yeah we do have creeks, I think mine had tracks on it at one time, i see there are extensions on the rims. I am going back to the shed i found it in and look. The guy i got it from never threw anything
    away. But yes, if i dont find any i will be looking. I was thinking more for going to get deer out in the middle of a field with snow. How will this work with tracks in snow?

Hey, look at this. Next state over from you. Looks like everything you need in one package, plus some options. No pictures and dont know what the trans is. looks worth a call.

Attex amphibious 6x6 project

A second machine. That's how the disease starts you know. Just think how many you could fit in your garage.

Your machine would have had plastic tracks. 13" wide Argo tracks. They work good in snow, OK in mud, not very well in the creeks and do not swim.

Keep us informed, Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by MAX IV Mark View Post
    Hey, look at this. Next state over from you. Looks like everything you need in one package, plus some options. No pictures and dont know what the trans is. looks worth a call.

Attex amphibious 6x6 project
    This would be a PERFECT machine for you to pick up. You could take the frame and T-20 out and drop it right in your GT transmission equipped Lil Truck. I'd jump on this deal ASAP!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    This would be a PERFECT machine for you to pick up. You could take the frame and T-20 out and drop it right in your GT transmission equipped Lil Truck. I'd jump on this deal ASAP!
    Swift is right. I would drop the entire frame assembly into the little truck and then you could save the original set up if you ever go to sell it, you could put it all back easily.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I think that is a pretty good idea so i called the guy who had that attex, he sent me pictures and it didnt look like a t-20, it looked a lot older and smaller than what i have seen. The machine itself looked in really bad shape, the tires might have been alright, and the cab looked fine, but looking at the pictures would have to reengineer to make fit to the li'l truck. He was pretty firm on 500, and still cost of gas for 9 hour round trip. i think i am going to keep looking.

It was probably a first generation Attex with a Baker Hill 5000, 6000, or 7000 transmission. These were completely different machines than the later generation ones, so it wouldn't be any use to you at all, so passing on this one is the best idea possible.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

She runs! I was one of the kids that disassemble my stomper trucks to see how they ran, well i disassembled my GT-2 transmission and found several things wrong, after a new bearing and couple of seals, a good cleaning she runs good. The GT-2 Transmission was pretty simple inside. The problem with the GT-2 transmission is the hydrolics for steering, when you pull the stick back the master cylinder pushes oil to a plunger that disengages the clutch. On the left side of mine the plunger was stuck and the needle bearing was smashed. But i put it back together and she runs good. This will work for me until i find a good deal on a T-20. But if anybody has a GT-2 in the scrap pile let me know, i still might need parts before i find a t-20. Well a total of 213 dollars into the entire project all i need now is new tires and i am swimming. any advice on tires

+ Reply to Thread