aquired a attex li'l truck and need help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: aquired a attex li'l truck and need help

aquired a attex li'l truck and need help

just got my li'l truck home it has a tecumsen xl engine which is now running after cleaning the gas tank and putting new fuel lines, but running a little rough. I will probably clean the carb. When i got this they siad it would go forward, back and to the right. I dont think this is a t20 transmission looking at pictures, it has hydrolic pumps at the bottom of the sticks for steering, and reading online maybe a CT-2 but cannot find any information on what to check or how to rebuild or find parts. one of the pumps on the bottom for the left side looks like it was replaced with some aftermarket and i dont think it feels right. Can you replace with a t-20? This Li'l truck has been kept inside for a long time and is in very good shape. What should i do or what to look for. Looking for any information on this thing. Thank you

Well, there's good news and bad news. You most likely have one of the last Attexes made with the worst transmission Attex ever used. The GT series. There was the GT-1 and GT-2......meaning one and two speed. Many people, including myself believe this was what ruined Attex Inc. Attex went to Ontario Gear and Drive (the company that makes the Argo 6x6 and 8x8) to have them make a transmission since Attex has gotten away from the T-20. Here's a letter from Attex about the GT series transmissions. Basically, it's a lot of BS and marketing hype talking these transmissions up, when in reality they were just junk.

http://www.6x6world.com/images/attex...ansmission.jpg

http://www.6x6world.com/images/attex...ansmission.jpg

Your best bet is to yank that transmission out ASAP and replace it with a T-20. 6X6World member Jerseybigfoot did this conversion in his Attex.

Next up, the Tecumseh engine. These OH series engines were used in quite a lot of AATVs and they were very good engines that lasted a very long time. The downfall to them was the very unreliable and temperamental Walboro carburetor. Take the carburetor and fuel pump apart and soak it in solvent and clean it very well with carb cleaner. My Attex Lil Truck is a great machine with very low hours, but the only thing that gave me problems is the Walboro carburetor. If they made a replacement, I would, and I'm every other Tecumseh OH series engine owner would buy one, but no such thing exists. Just clean it out and rebuild it and hope for the best. Congrats on the purchase, and if you have a chance, post some pictures, we'd love to see it!

Here's my 'Lil Truck. I was just out on it today and it's such a fun little machine.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Really good info. I wonder how many of these appx. were made with these trans?
    Really nice truck Jeff. Looks like more clearence on your truck with the
    Rawhide 3's than I had on my attex.
    And welcome sshirk.

Quote Originally Posted by fencepostjed View Post
    Really good info. I wonder how many of these appx. were made with these trans?
    Really nice truck Jeff. Looks like more clearence on your truck with the
    Rawhide 3's than I had on my attex.
    And welcome sshirk.
    I don't think there were very many, especially compared to the number of poly body machines with T-20's. Thanks for the kind words. My 'Lil Truck has pretty low hours on it and plus there's a steel body band that goes around 3/4th of the machine and then anchors down to the frame, so it acts as a support to keep the body and fenderwells how they were pretty much the same as the day it was new. If you have any issues with 22" tires coming close to the body/fenderwells put a board between the tires and body, park it in the sun on a warm day and leave it for a little while, then inflate the tires up so the board pushes up on the body. Leave it for a little while and then after the body is back up you can add a 1"x1" piece of square tube steel across where the seat goes and then run two of those same pieces, one on each side, down to the frame rails on either side so your seat isn't pushing down on the tub, thus less sagging body.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks for the info, the price was right (I just had to get it out of the shed) so i dont have a problem putting a little into it. With the reading on the internet i figured thats what i would have to do with the transmission. I will get some pics on here soon.

You just had to get it out of the shed?! Wow, I LOVE those kinds of deals. Buy a T-20 and the steering and shifter linkage, rebuild the carburetor and you're good to go!

Ooooohhhh, A green one, I want it.
    Green= poly body right?
    Dibs if it goes for sale.
    Last edited by thebuggyman1; 11-19-2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: no editing was done here....ignore this

Nice machine! Green poly for sure, Jim. That's a good find, sshirk. You may want to change over to a T20, but otherwise she should be great. Good luck!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Ok, now after a carb kit and all new fuel lines the engin is running good. Kinda getting excited, my 4 year old already loves this thing. Now for a t20 transmission. I really need to know what this is worth as it sits, and how much it will be worth after i put a transmission in. I dont want to have more in this than what it is worth. Things i know i am going to need are transmission, several tires are weather checked so new tires all the way around, and i have not figured what i am going to need for the conversion from ct-2 tran over to t20. Thanks for the replies

+ Reply to Thread