aquired a attex li'l truck and need help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: aquired a attex li'l truck and need help

Had the lil truck out today to see how she ran, pretty fun running around the pond.

Last edited by Mike; 12-07-2012 at 10:34 PM. Reason: embedded video by using the filmstrip buttorn

now that i know she runs i have ordered tires thanks for the advice. I need to make some adjustments can somebody please tell me how tight my chains need to be and the proper procedure and also off each side of the GT-2 transmission there is some kind of gear box. Is there any kind of checking to that. Pretty new to the 6x6 and am having fun learning and i dont want to drive this until everything has been checked but any information on maintanece or any tricks would be great. I am having problems finding any information with maintanence with this transmission.

I would like to thank everybody for the information so far

Scott

Scott, you need a bigger machine cause it looks like the dog wanted to ride also.
    The proper way to tighten the chains is with the tires off the ground. As far as how tight, that's a hard one to describe. Basically, you don't want them sloppy loose, but almost as bad is super tight. Just take up the slop, but make sure they will still move a little with finger pressure.

I already started looking for a bigger one. Thats what I get when they say get it out of the shed and it is yours. I am hooked

pin1.jpgpin.jpgYou guys have been great and i have learned alot on this site. I have had my lil truck out a few times now and went to tighten the chains, i noticed when i had it in the air my left side middle tire would rotate quite a bit before the sprocket would turn. I did some checking and took off the chains, after an hour of working i got the shear pin out, it was broke in 4 pieces. the pin is 3/8 and about 2.5 inches long. I know i can go to a parts store and get this but they make different hardness. what is the proper pin to replace this with. Thank you

Read this; http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attex....html#post1079

It talks about body bound bolts.

+ Reply to Thread