Yamaha 635 F/A on eBay

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yamaha 635 F/A on eBay

Yamaha 635 F/A on eBay

This is sort of a cross-post that could be placed in either Racing/ Engines/ or eBay auctions, but while perusing a bit on the untouchable stuff on ebay, I came across this vintage Yamaha free-air engine for sale in South Dakota. It sort of warms my heart that there are still a few folks out there with these fire-breathing demons for sale that are also willing to part with them.

Vintage Sled Snowmobile Yamaha SR 643 Free Air Race Engine Exhaust Pipes | eBay

$T2eC16h,!)!E9s2fDw6KBQmuDjpBJg~~60_12.JPG

It's set up with a pair of 44mm 'kuni's, and I bet she uses all 44 of 'em on each hole. The price is a bit out of my reach, but it's still nice to see that they exist. Rotax, Chaparral (still under Fuji at that point, Don?; help me out...) made some monster F/A triples for sleds back then, and they tend to go for about as much in running condition from what I've seen and drooled over, over the years.

It'd be tough to keep the warm Ohio summer air flowing over the heads fast enough to keep the CHT below the melting point of aluminum, but I bet a lap or two would be enough to make a point.

I bet this engine puts out some serious ponies. I can't believe it sold for nearly $3,500!!! Wow!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

That's very cool. I remember some really exotic Chaps in the mid to late 70's but only saw them in pictures. There was a snowmobile magazine then (Race & Rally?) that had all the cool sleds and engines from the factory race teams. Chaparral had some big F/A triples: a 650 and at least one bigger- 725 or 730 I think, along with some big liquid cooled monsters. Maybe someone should just see how many laps they'd make until they turned into so much goo. Hmike????
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Not more than a year and a half ago I started getting rid of some of my old snowmobile parts,the one motor I had in nearly new condition was a 793 Hirth triple,I had put the listing up on a vintage site the AACSC man i could not believe the response it was gone in a heart beat.NCT

+ Reply to Thread