Hustler won't turn left

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hustler won't turn left

Man u guys on here are awesome! The info, details, pics and advice and tricks i have seen is great! I was really getting discouraged on my project until i found this site. I just want to say thanks again and look forward to getting this thing going. Where can i find the info on motor size hp and maybe year?

Hustler used the Kohler K341 in many of their machines......I believe the 950 and 945HK models came with this engine before it was later replaced by the flat twin Briggs I/C. The Kohler K341 is a 16HP engine and it's a torque monster that'll last almost forever. They're GREAT engines! I think if you took your engine serial number into a Wheel Horse tractor dealer they'd be able to give you some more info on it, since they used that same Kohler engine. Is your engine painted yellow or red?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

It is painted red

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    If this is the engine I'm thinking it is, it has some funky shaped "synchro-balancing" gears inside that are on short shafts which are pressed into the case. I had one that these shafts had apparently been knocked loose and definitely tried to be repaired by brazing the case. The engine ran good enough for me to buy the 950 it was in for 400 bucks. I got it home and after cleaning it up I fired the machine up to test drive it... it ran great for about 30 seconds then started shaking violently and before I could shut it down, locked up. When I opened it up was when I discovered the shafts had loosened up and the gears were jammed, the engine was toast. Needless to say, the "reputable" big time duck hunter who sold it to me refused to give my money back. And yes I DID expect him to since he had owned it for some years and had sold it to me to be in good running order. Especially after the guy who had originally told me about the machine informed me the seller was the one who had the repair done... funny, that was never mentioned before I bought it...buyer beware! They are good engines and stout, I was just unfortunate to have gotten one with some problems. Hope yours is as good as it has the potential to be.
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

ok finally got to take out the T-20 today.looks like I will be ordering a new drum one is wore really bad almost a 1/4 inch taken off on the inside and gonna have to have all bands relined and maybe one replaced. There was gear oil in it too. So if anyone has a few parts they wanna get rid of let me know. Or if they know a good place to find some!

Quote Originally Posted by tacg View Post
    ok finally got to take out the T-20 today.looks like I will be ordering a new drum one is wore really bad almost a 1/4 inch taken off on the inside and gonna have to have all bands relined and maybe one replaced. There was gear oil in it too. So if anyone has a few parts they wanna get rid of let me know. Or if they know a good place to find some!
    DANG! you gotta hate that gear oil... I don't know just how long it takes for it to kill the bands or if anyone has ever managed to save one that had the stuff put in it. The drums can be costly, hopefully someone has a spare or 2 to get you going.The trouble is that when people don't know better and buy a machine that has G.O. in the trans, they most times will put the same back in it when they service it. Lucky are those who find this site and READ all available material and ask questions before servicing.

gonna try to load a few pics.
    [IMG]2012-11-24_11-12-11_616[/IMG]

I'm gettin nothing on the pics...

http://thumbp5-gq1.thumb.mail.yahoo....=406&httperr=1
    well i figured out finally how to upload a few pics of it

+ Reply to Thread