Hustler won't turn left

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Hustler won't turn left

I haven't had a chance to run any of the drums I've turned down, but after taking a few thousandths off, I keep the drum in the chuck and run some emery cloth over it while it's spinning to smooth out anything rough that any tooling may have left (I'm using old tooling, and a considerably older lathe....) I don't want a glossy finish, but want to make sure that it's smooth enough that it won't wear a band prematurely. It's tough to gauge what yours look like not having it in-hand.

I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm a hack, and I'm happy with the job I was able to do in about 10 minutes for a couple drums that'd seen better days.

ok i got it back together. got a little confused and forgot to put the little gear in until i had it together and looked over and saw it sitting there...... will install in the morning and see what happens! Again thanks for all the help...

ok update......i got it installed everything seems to be working good. Not turning well in reverse. gonna let things cool down a bit then go out and check some adjustments..what would a good air pressure be? i can tell there is way to much in them. But performance is awesome so far.

Hello all i am having trouble getting the adjustment right on my T-20. it just not wanting to turn right or left in either way. Will turn better in forward than reverse. what would the starting adjustment need to be? Measurement wise?
    Last edited by tacg; 12-14-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tacg View Post
    Hello all i am having trouble getting the adjustment right on my T-20. it just not wanting to turn right or left in either way. Will turn better in forward than reverse. what would the starting adjustment need to be? Measurement wise?
    The band adjustment procedures can be found in the how-to section under the T20 rebuild article or in the manuals section under the T20 manual.

+ Reply to Thread