Mudd-Ox satisfaction

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mudd-Ox satisfaction

Mudd-Ox satisfaction

Has anyone bought a Mudd-Ox and decided they wanted to sell it and get a different AATV after owning and using the Ox for a while? I am considering buying one and was wondering if anyone was dissatisfied enough after using it for a while to actually trade it in on a different machine, test driving it is one thing, owning and using it for a while is quite another. Thanks.
    Last edited by Mike; 11-21-2012 at 11:07 PM. Reason: moved thread from general discussion to the Mudd-Ox forum

I owned a Mudd-Ox demo that I bought with only 42 hours on in late 2010. I sold it in 2011 at a loss to buy an Argo 6x6 beause the argo has much better resale value, better dealer network, and is a -----> whole lot easier to work on. The Mudd-Ox is much more complicated to do repairs on when compared the Argo frontier 6x6 that I own now. The smaller and lighter Argo 6x6 was much easier to get though tight places on the trails where I ride at too. After owning a Mudd-Ox and then owning an Argo 6x6, the smaller and lighter Argo is much more fun to drive.I could rarely get Matt on the phone to ask any questions about the Mudd-Ox when I owned it, and the only Mudd-Ox dealer that I found on the web and that knew much about a Mudd-Ox ,was a Mudd-Ox dealer in Alaska. I live in Louisiana, and each time I had a technical question about my Mudd-Ox I had to call the Mudd-Ox dealer in Alaska !!! Read every thing on this forum about a Mudd-Ox before deciding to buy one.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 11-22-2012 at 12:04 PM.

That's sort of funny Dave. As I was reading your response I was thinking to myself most of your reasons for going to an argo are the reasons I sold my argo and bought a max.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    I owned a Mudd-Ox demo that I bought with only 42 hours on in late 2010. I sold it in 2011 at a loss to buy an Argo 6x6 beause the argo has much better resale value, better dealer network, and is a -----> whole lot easier to work on. The Mudd-Ox is much more complicated to do repairs on when compared the Argo frontier 6x6 that I own now. The smaller and lighter Argo 6x6 was much easier to get though tight places on the trails where I ride at too. After owning a Mudd-Ox and then owning an Argo 6x6, the smaller and lighter Argo is much more fun to drive.I could rarely get Matt on the phone to ask any questions about the Mudd-Ox when I owned it, and the only Mudd-Ox dealer that I found on the web and that knew much about them ,was a Mudd-Ox dealer in Alaska. Read every thing on this forum about a Mudd-Ox before deciding to buy one.
    Please know that everyone here at Mudd-Ox takes pride in customer service after the sale. Yes in the past when we were a start up company and was working many hours 7 days a week building the Mudd-Ox and all of the support systems and a few customers were unhappy with our service. Most were very happy but only the unhappy tend to post. I am committed to all of my customers and I am one of the few company owners you can talk to on the phone and will help with what ever your needs are in the AATV world. I spend alot of time helping people get into the sport giving them information on all of the machines from old to new. In the last year or so we have added more staff, a full machine shop, added on to our production area, we now stock every part, accessory, and production machine we sell. I listen to my customers and make improvements on the Mudd-Ox to make it the best machine out there. They are now easy to work on and maintain. Many people will say we have made very large improvments in customer service over this time. I have been bringing very good press and support to our sport. I Support a few large rides a year giving everyone a chance to meet, ride and have fun. It does not matter what you ride as long as you are there having fun with your AATV!!!

Regards,

Matt

I have never had to work on mine. I am going to sell mine next year to get a new one. The only thing I had happen was my top got a rip in it this year. I call Matt and he sent me a new one at no charge. Hope this helps. Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

I have seen only one Mud-Ox personally in action. To say in action is an understatement. For the size and power the machine possessed it seemed very nimble. I know that if I had a use for a larger machine I would not hesitate to buy one. I have recently had dealings with Matt the owner of Mudd-Ox and always found him to be both accessible and responsive . If resale is an issue for you you may want to look into a used unit as any new AATV will take a sizable loss after it leaves the dealership. Just sort of the nature of things.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

I've had great service and actually bought a 2nd mudd-ox this past year. Trust me, I wouldn't have done that if I wasn't happy. I don't think they're difficult to work on at all. Some people may be initimidated by some metal shroud that affects visibility in the engine compartment. Far better suited as a heavy-duty work rig than as a terrain park play around rig. Most any rig can accomplish that. I will say that your impression of the machine gets better and better as you learn how to "make them perform" and understand how they should be set up. More than once I've gotten Matt on the phone (or satellite phone) to help me. The alaska dealer is also very helpful too. I am close to getting some mudd-ox video posted (escargo tracks) as I have them on both rigs now. My sole intention is to help others with information. I never had that when I sold my argo and bought my first Mudd-ox. I have been able to deal with every bump in the road and have zero complaints. Well, except for the occasional bad press that some people keep pushing. I will follow through with the video too as there's not much new stuff out there.

Thanks mudbug3 for your candid response, it seems my thread struck a nerve with current Mudd-Ox owners, which wasn't my intention and was why I posted my thread on the general discussion forum before Mike the moderator moved it to the Mudd-Ox forum. I really wanted to expose the thread to people that have other machines than the Ox to see if they own something else after having an Ox, knowing that anyone monitoring the Ox forum would most likely not be the person I was looking for. So I lucked out by having you chime in and I appreciate the feedback.

Mike the moderator, any chance you could put this thread back into the general discussion forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    I have never had to work on mine. I am going to sell mine next year to get a new one. The only thing I had happen was my top got a rip in it this year. I call Matt and he sent me a new one at no charge. Hope this helps. Cougar

I had the altenator belt break and the auto , hydrolic cooling fan stop working the second day that I owned my Mudd-Ox. If you live close to Matt's shop your story will probably be a whole lot different from the rest of the forum members that have bought a Mudd-Ox. Matt promised to send me the parts that we ' both agreed on ' the same day that I took possession of my used Mudd-Ox demo ,and it took me almost 6 months to get the parts that he promised to send me.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 11-22-2012 at 11:56 AM.

[QUOTE=kghills ]I have seen only one Mud-Ox personally in action. To say in action is an understatement. For the size and power the machine possessed it seemed very nimble. I know that if I had a use for a larger machine I would not hesitate to buy one. I have recently had dealings with Matt the owner of Mudd-Ox and always found him to be both accessible and responsive . If resale is an issue for you you may want to look into a used unit as any new AATV will take a sizable loss after it leaves the dealership. Just sort of the nature of things.

I bought my 2010 Mudd-Ox used with only 42 hours on it and still took a BIG loss after owning it for one year! The resale value of a Mudd-Ox drops like a rock!

+ Reply to Thread