Another Lil Truck disaster, but I am back

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Another Lil Truck disaster, but I am back

Lil Truck Progress

104.jpg103.jpg102.jpg101.jpgMore progress. The L'il Truck is almost completely gutted. I am starting to realize that my biggest fear is coming to a reality. Along the line somewhere someone did a lot of fabrication work on this frame. A real hatchet job. It would appear that someone took a perfectly good T-20 frame and hacked it up to install the Granite State. I found a picture on the web of what the original Granite State install looked like and mine is nothing like it. Now I have no real frame of reference, or measurements of where things have to go. Some pieces were fabricated and added, and some of the frame pieces were cut out. (See Pics) Dont understand why someone would do this. Additionally, all of the grub screws holding the center axles to the transmission underdrives were previously removed and it looks like the holes were welded closed. I am going to have to basically cut all of the axles out and convert to the T-20. Looks like my "easy" project took a hard left turn. Does anyone have any detailed pics of how this thing was supposed to be set up, or how to remove the center axles without completely destroying the underdrive? Also, because the sprockets are alot smaller than the ones that i rember, i suspect i will have to change them as well because the gearing will be too low. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    -Pat
    Last edited by patb069; 12-21-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    Famous last words: I swear honey... I am just going to change the tranny fluid. I won't tear this one apart...

+ Reply to Thread