poly Attex

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: poly Attex

poly Attex

I have a green top & bottom chief I need to know if it is ABS or Poly. It has a light texture on the body. My yellow thunder chief is smooth & I know it is ABS. If poly best way to repair cracks?

texture is poly. your best bet for repair is plastic welding. use the search and you will find lots of threads on the subject. I use this welder and have great results Urethane Supply Plastic Welding Kit 5600HT | eBay
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Is it a 500 Superchief or a 400 Chief. If it's a Chief it's an ABS body, if it's a Superchief it's a poly body. Also, a way to tell, the "horns" where the seat back meets with both sides of the body......the part of the body that goes up and then slightly angles back to follow the lines of the engine cover will be about an inch taller on an ABS body compared to a poly body. I don't know if I explained that well or not, but if you post a picture or two, we'll be able to tell you for sure.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

The Poly body will also have a raised horizontal "J" along the side panel of the top half (follows the stripe on the side) . The green ABS bodies had a rough texture and look a lot like HDPE.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I will check the for the J & check the horns. I know this is a 400 chief so it's likely abs Thanks!

If the inside of te tub is grey and smooth it is abs, if it is the same as the outside then it is poly. Of course this only works if it hasn't been painted.

+ Reply to Thread