35 hp Briggs motor?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 35 hp Briggs motor?

35 hp Briggs motor?

Hi guys, I just got back from vacation, I saw my old Boss from when I was a kid in HS, he is a Briggs dealer in WA. Has anyone seen, heard or used the new 35 hp Briggs motor? I know there are 2 shaft sizes avalible. I am thinking of replacing my 18 hp with this motor. I can get it from him for 1,500. I would really like to do the MONSTER Motor Whipper has "50" hp but to many projects in the fire. Im sure this will make a big diferance. Any help, coments or advice would be great! Here is one on Ebay,,
    35hp Briggs-Stratton Engine Vanguard Oil Filter 1-7/16" on eBay Engines, Multi-Purpose, Outdoor Power Equipment, Home Garden
    Thanks again, Chris AZ

Glad to hear Hi Plains Drifter is back in town. You missed some 'cool weather'. Research that motor to make sure it will fit. I believe the 35HP motor fits into their big block category & might physically be too big. But bigger is better which ='s MORE SPEED. I'll help you with that cause if it fits, I'll want one too, I can't ride with you if you have a bigger motor than me. I won't. Let me know when you can stop by & see my Attex. I've got a springer kit in the works for your MAX IV.

Here's the dimensions on that 35 HP OHV motor (LxWxH) 15.1 x 19.5 x 28.5

Here is the detailed schematic showing all dimensions of the 35 HP motor: http://www.commercialpower.com/displ...C-M54_61_2.jpg

Finally here is a link to their other engines including the other big blocks (25, 31, 33, and the 35 HP ones) Small Gas Engines - Power Solutions - Vanguard Engines

Of course you could always go with the liquid cooled 34 HP turbo diesel!
    Last edited by Mike; 07-22-2007 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

Of course you could always go with the liquid cooled 34 HP turbo diesel!

I must have it!!! too bad its not turbo charged

It's supposed to have a turbo on it? It's the same motor used in SCAG lawn mowers here: SCAG POWER EQUIPMENT - Turbo Diesel Engines

Of course it also retails for about $4500

Has anyone every experimented with any diesel engines in 6 wheelers? Id Imagine that the clutches would need to be switched around by using different springs, and the machines wouldnt be that fast, but they could probably pull a small house down.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

35 HP briggs

Thanks guys for the info, lots to think about! Im thinking the 35 hp may be the best bang for your buck.? Well ill let you know,,,,,
    Thanks, Chris AZ

i put a 3 cyl. kubota in a 6 wheeler. it was about a 19hp. i didnt have change the clutch springs. the engine reved up to about 3600 rpm.it took off fast and ran pretty mutch normal speed. the machine was a little heavy in the back and it only had #40 chains in it and it would break chains very easy.

What kind of 6 wheeler did you have the 3 cylinder diesel in? Id imagine with ll that torque the #40 chain wouldnt stand a chance. I wonder how #50 chain would hold up to that motor like in an Attex or a Max with #50 chain. Do you happen to have any pics?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

sorry i dont have any pictures.it was my first 6 wheeler about 10 or 12 years ago. it was a skipper. a max with #50 chains probably hold up fine. i could just about break the chains on command. pretty weak. i had a 2 cyl. kubota that i rebuilt that i was going to supercharge and stick in a max2 but didnt have the time to finish.

+ Reply to Thread