New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

Old Tucker you like me almost always use your tracks in snow/slush/ice,so the need for swimming is a mute point,so tire selection for winter time track use is wide open,I think you have some valid points and will be interested on the outcome,I use the AT 189 24/10x8 for the winter on rubber track then switch out to 25/12/x9 in the summer sometimes dualed up,the reasoning for my winter selection is little more gear reduction,in fact when I find some time I would like to further gear the machine down we use it for hauling and top speed is meaningless,to have the extra torque is key,snowing here today in northern On so if you get some reports on these tracks I for one will be watching.NCT

You are right NCT. I also hall heavy loads with her. I will hall almost a 1000Lbs of pellets up to the local rec. cabins at a time. {photo in post} If we have had lots snow sometimes I have to split the load and make two trips. It,s a 5 mile trip up a steep mountain side. I start out in a foot of wet heavy snow and end up in ten to fifteen feet of snow.By the time I make it to the cabins.
    I was thinking of a smaller tires for the gear reduction. But the old conquest already have a small 22Inch tire. And I did not want to loose more ground clearance. I find the argo will find its own speed and I do not push It when I am carrying a heavy load.
    The Channel track with the razed belt Will be far better going through the ruts left in the snow by 4x4 trucks on the lower part. It will be far easer on the tracks They will not twist as much. Some call this style of track a gear reduction. I gess it is somewhat. The belts travel A shorter distance then the outer part of the track. And the circumference around the tire is smaller. I may put rubber paddles on the belts If i find I loose traction in the deep snow. I think the track will side hill quit well. Your tire section will sink to the belts leaving a small rut you can side hill in.
    It may be snowing there. Here I am running around in shorts and Thinking about mowing the lawn LOL

Just received a new video from Marcel on his tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by gusgus View Post
    Just received a new video from Marcel on his tracks.

Wow that is some very serious climbing power! That Argo looked like it
    was going to flip over backwards more then once.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 04-21-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Very impressive ! Notice at 10.33 how it appears the front wheels are doing the driving, this is then causing the track to buckle at the bottom and lifting off the ground. Surely a cause for loss of traction and floatation. Would it be better to increase the pressure in the rears slightly ? (a question not a statement)

I would really have liked him to try the piles of loose scree and boulders, just out of interest, as that terrain is more or less what we have over here, probably more with limestone or clay instead of sand. It would have been good also to try and turn out of the gulleys on the climbs, just to see if it would do the little 2' or 3' ledge to the sides.

Never the less, a very good video.

Probably a little larger rear would have helped rodp,but I wonder if it might have been the sand piling under the track section,no matter the things I have seen those fellas put them thru I have no question of the durability of this style track system at this point what I have seen goes well beyond anything I will ever put them thru.NCT

Really loving all the options we have for tracks now.
    Would love to see these tracks in deep snow and a floodwater slush scenario. We have had to deal with this since early January on our lakes.

Just wondering if running 2 kinds of tires with tracks would make any sense. Say ones more likely to slip being a larger diameter for the center 4.
    The 2 ply rating on runamuks as opposed to 4 ply on a K300 rigidity difference .

Looking at the video qusqus posted I would say Marcel has Carlyle Stykers on his Conquest.They are listed as a belted tire no ply rating given on the website. Quite heavy at 21 lbs each as well I would guess from looking at the other types of tires they offer they have a Turf tire carcass.
    The Dominator K300 22x111-8are 16 lbs each 4 ply. Same as the Carlyle turf tamers 22.5x10-8

Quote Originally Posted by Moosetalker View Post
    Really loving all the options we have for tracks now.
    Would love to see these tracks in deep snow and a floodwater slush scenario. We have had to deal with this since early January on our lakes.

Just wondering if running 2 kinds of tires with tracks would make any sense. Say ones more likely to slip being a larger diameter for the center 4.
    The 2 ply rating on runamuks as opposed to 4 ply on a K300 rigidity difference .

Looking at the video qusqus posted I would say Marcel has Carlyle Stykers on his Conquest.They are listed as a belted tire no ply rating given on the website. Quite heavy at 21 lbs each as well I would guess from looking at the other types of tires they offer they have a Turf tire carcass.
    The Dominator K300 22x111-8are 16 lbs each 4 ply. Same as the Carlyle turf tamers 22.5x10-8
    It is nice to have a good pick on track all right The way they beet on there tracks It makes me look like I baby mine.
    As for tires to run in the channel track I had three chooses I picked
    One was the Duro Brim rider 22x11x8
    Two was the dominator k300 22x11x8
    third was the Carlyle turf tamer 22.5x11x8 But you can not get it in a 11 inch wide tire. It would of made a good mid tire. And the duro brim rider tire, The suppliers said it would be 60 to 90 days before they had them in. So it was the dominator I went for. All the tires have the knobs go straight across the tire for good contact with the Cleats. The v shaped tread on the AT101 carlisle only touches the cleats in a very small area If you look at the photos. There will be no slippage or very little with the dominator k300 Or that type of tread on your tire.

I wonder why every body put smaller tire with tracks. Is it because of loss of power with bigger tire. I have 25X12X9 on my avenger. Would it be better for me to put smaller tire with those chanel tracks or I can keep my bigger tire and save.
    Jack

With the older conquest We have very little room between tire and tub so we have no other way to go. With the newer argos you can play a lot more with the tire size. I am not to sure what tire is stock on the avenger, but I think on the avenger you will be fine if you have the room between the tire and tub with the 25 inch tires.

+ Reply to Thread