New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by brebett View Post
    I wonder why every body put smaller tire with tracks. Is it because of loss of power with bigger tire. I have 25X12X9 on my avenger. Would it be better for me to put smaller tire with those chanel tracks or I can keep my bigger tire and save.
    I agree with Old Tucker, the main concern is tub clearance above the tire. You'll have plenty of power with that gear-reduction design and will also be able to maintain the increased floatation/bouyancy and ground clearance of a 25" tire. It's a win/win.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I agree with Old Tucker, the main concern is tub clearance above the tire. You'll have plenty of power with that gear-reduction design and will also be able to maintain the increased floatation/bouyancy and ground clearance of a 25" tire. It's a win/win.
    Buzz I will say this with my heavy rubber track Iam very glad to have the extra reduction and the 25,s sit in the garage,my Avenger has the old style trans with not the greatest reduction unlike the Admiral,that paired with the way I load it and pull with it keeps me in low range most of the time,what ever fits your individual situation I would run the larger tire but at the moment until I change the final drive ratio this is the best I can do,and when your in 4 feet of powder the little extra clearance is pretty much mute.Cheers NCT

From what ive seen and experienced there are some avengers that the tub will rub with just tires on, so be careful with 25" tires that being said there is now a kit available to keep the tub from sagging.
    The part to the rear fender support kit is #806-256

Rock

Quote Originally Posted by rockrewls View Post
    From what ive seen and experienced there are some avengers that the tub will rub with just tires on, so be careful with 25" tires that being said there is now a kit available to keep the tub from sagging.
    The part to the rear fender support kit is #806-256

Rock
    I did not know this was a issue,and mine has not rubbed yet but thanks for the part number I will order one and install it as a extra measure,since I put a deck across the seats and load it to death.Cheers NCT

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    Buzz I will say this with my heavy rubber track Iam very glad to have the extra reduction and the 25,s sit in the garage,my Avenger has the old style trans with not the greatest reduction unlike the Admiral,that paired with the way I load it and pull with it keeps me in low range most of the time,what ever fits your individual situation I would run the larger tire but at the moment until I change the final drive ratio this is the best I can do,and when your in 4 feet of powder the little extra clearance is pretty much mute.Cheers NCT
    NCT- more reduction helps for sure...your right. The good thing about this elevated belt track design is that you'll get a gear-reduction simply by running the tracks. With 3" belt elevation above and below the tire (6" total), your machine drive ratio will change equivalent to running 25" minus 6" = 19" diameter tires on the front/rear. And, the middles will slip in the track. You will see it in your overall machine speed (decrease), and increased low-end power. Fortunately for tracks, this is exactly what you need. Take the tracks off, and the standard drive ratio of your transmission for "tires-only-mode" comes back into play. No extra clutching or gearing swaps needed. If you want less load and better mileage at "higher" speeds when running this track, just run some track tuners in addtion to this. But, this track design is really taylor-made "as is" for the type of running you describe.....heavy loads and chug...chug...chugging along.

now if you prefer to run a smaller tire in addition to that elevated belt track, you'll have even more gear-reduction. I personally think the 25's seem to do great. Instead of a "high" and "low" range, running this track essentially changes your machine so that you can run a "mid" and a "granny" gear. I think most of us probably tend to use the "low" (granny) gear for most driving. If you're on a dirt road, you don't really need an argo.

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    I did not know this was a issue,and mine has not rubbed yet but thanks for the part number I will order one and install it as a extra measure,since I put a deck across the seats and load it to death.Cheers NCT
    This wasn't even "loaded to death" as far as I was concerned. Running 25"tires, no tracks.
    [IMG]

My "Bush Fix" to get the guy back out. The plastic was from a Dog Treat Container, lol.
    [IMG][

RD

ouch...what happened there? Was it the extra weight in the back and/or a piece of debris carried up....or just the tires rubbing? I wish all the machines would have a couple more inches of clearance above the tires....I dont know why they don't just build them that way from the factory?

the jig for the avengers isnt what it used to be, and of course now running the really large 25" tires doesnt help, essentially a design flaw the new rear fender support kit is designed to remedy it, but personlly im opting for the 24" frontier tires to set some new tracks on to get additional extra clearance!
    thank Rd for the pics ive seen quite a few machines that look that way, people if your tracks or tires are rubbing at all, deal with it immediately or you will be replacing your lower tub.

rear fender support kit is #806-256

Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    ouch...what happened there? Was it the extra weight in the back and/or a piece of debris carried up....or just the tires rubbing? I wish all the machines would have a couple more inches of clearance above the tires....I dont know why they don't just build them that way from the factory?
    He was hauling a load of 2x6 Lumber on his rear Rack. It was the lower part of the lower Tub (below the fenders) that squished down, allowing the tires to rub under the Fenders. BOTH SIDES.
    I packed some rags into the holes, then sealed it with Silicone, then formes the patches with heat, then Glued the patches on with Gorilla Glue, and Riveted it for good measure.
    You can't tell from the pics, but the machine is jacked up and supported under the back rack, sitting in the hot sun like this for a couple days allowed the body to straighten itself out...... mostly.

My observations indicate that the new Argo Tubs are possibly thinner, or softer Plastic. They seem to deform under pressure easier than the older Tubs.
    A friend had an Argo Rep up in the area, Shortly after this happened. He was very interested in the Bracing we designed to fix the problem. Very similar to the Factory Fender Support Kit, now available...... Coincidence, I'm sure, lol.

+ Reply to Thread