New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread: New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by SHOTGUN View Post
    Hey Aahicnow, I did not build the winter kit yet, was thinking about it but have not run into a situation where I really need the extra floatation. I have been more than happy with the performance with the Chanel tracks. GARRETTTPE look on You Tube Marcel has videos up and I believe his email and ph# are on them.
    Sounds good ShotGun i was wondering if i would need them or not but most of the vids with chanel tracks show machines running with out them , and they are running in some pretty deep snow.

a 20-22" grouser track has similar flatation to an 18" wide argo flat track. And that is where the similarities end

hey guys,
    few questions on these tracks

have an avenger 2009 with the 25'' tires and i am about to pull the trigger on these tracks but have a few questions
    i am looking at the 20'' tracks
    how wide will be the total width with tracks as my trailer is only 72'' wide?
    how long does it take to re-install the track with standard double layer of track?and with the hinges?

thanks guys

If your ordering chanels from Marcel i belief he uses hinges now on all his tracks, at least mine came with hinges. As for install time depends on if you have help or not.

With the hinges it takes about 10 min a side.

Quote Originally Posted by desh View Post
    hey guys,
    few questions on these tracks

have an avenger 2009 with the 25'' tires and i am about to pull the trigger on these tracks but have a few questions
    i am looking at the 20'' tracks
    how wide will be the total width with tracks as my trailer is only 72'' wide?
    how long does it take to re-install the track with standard double layer of track?and with the hinges?

thanks guys
    It should be tight but just squeeze through.
    What type of trailer do you have and is it okay if it rubs? Like fenderwells of an open trailer compared to and enclosed trailer type deal?
    I fit my Avenger with 22" Escargo's and 3" wheel spacers in 8.5' enclosed trailers and between the wheelwells of my skid steer open deck trailer with no issue at all. If it was a between wheel well enclosed trailer that could pose to be an issue I haven't dealt with yet.

2001 argo bigfoot. I have 25" argo heat tires, does anyone know if I can run these tracks with these tires? Any idea what size spacers would be required if any. I spent over an hour reading this thread and ended up with more questions than answers. I am up between these and adair tracks, I have the argo plastic tracks and 22" tires that I run in them, but was never happy with the performance. as I see it I already have the tires needed for the adiar tracks but if I could keep my 25 heat tires and get these at reduced cost over the adairs I might consider it. Anyone know what the current price is for the adairs for a bigfoot and the chanel tracks. tracks only no tires or wheels or extras except spacers if required (I believe they are not with the adair tracks?)

I run heat tires with Chanel tracks and they work extremely well(avenger). You will have to contact the sellers for current prices and what you need to make their tacks fit your rig. There are pros and cons to Adiar pro tracks and Chanel tracks. I would also throw in the mix the Escargo tracks. They are all adaptable and very capable, do some reading in the track forum and you should be able to pick out each ones attributes. You will not be disappointed with any of these over the plastic tracks you have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Castro View Post
    2001 argo bigfoot. I have 25" argo heat tires, does anyone know if I can run these tracks with these tires? Any idea what size spacers would be required if any. I spent over an hour reading this thread and ended up with more questions than answers. I am up between these and adair tracks, I have the argo plastic tracks and 22" tires that I run in them, but was never happy with the performance. as I see it I already have the tires needed for the adiar tracks but if I could keep my 25 heat tires and get these at reduced cost over the adairs I might consider it. Anyone know what the current price is for the adairs for a bigfoot and the chanel tracks. tracks only no tires or wheels or extras except spacers if required (I believe they are not with the adair tracks?)
    I would say no, it doesn't look as if you could wedge the flat of your hand between the tires and body now.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

IMG_7707.jpgThat was my thought. its pretty tight as it is. I have some 22" tires, but if I was to run those I think I would go with the adiar tracks. I just worry about rocks and how either would hold up and perform.

+ Reply to Thread