New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

The Carlisle Stryker in 22x11-8. It has a bit of a chevron tread in the middle and is essentially a 3-ply tire. Tougher than the 2-ply tries I've looked at and a softer ride than the 4-plies. I've heard that it won't swim at all, or that it will 'barely' swim, that it will swim if you modify (cut off) some of the knobbies, and I've heard that it swims fine if you mount the chevron backwards like the ARGO tires. I've even heard that it will swim, but backwards to what a typical ARGO owner would suspect (i.e. - with the chevrons mounted as the ARGO tires are - open end of the chevron forward, the tire swims backward)! I guess I'll have to try a set and find out for myself. I they do swim, I'll post pics.

Down here in the deep south, swamps are where it will typically operate, so I'm leaning heavily toward a tracked vehicle, though it would be nice to take the tracks off and still have some ability to swim. That's when I was considering the new, improved, ARGO tires. The 24" idea is nice, but I didn't want to take on the hassles of proper fitment, and I am concerned about re-weighting the torque converter to offset the 9% effective gearing increase the taller tires provide. Also, my Conquest still has the 20 HP Kawasaki engine and I am not sure if it will have the power to pull the larger tires in the deep, sticky mud down here. So...I checked out the ARGO 22" tires and then the Adair tracks. I was going to accept my fate, swallow hard, and spend the dough to get that combination. It's tried and tested, plus no other modifications are necessary.

I got the Conquest for a really good price and it only had 106 one-owner hours on it when I bought it. It was in storage for many years and the owner did pamper the vehicle. Even considering all of that, I am a bit concerned about sinking a touch over $4,000 into the ARGO 22" tires and Adair tracks. That's a lot more than I paid for the vehicle. If I ever want to move into a newer ARGO, I'll lose my rear end on the sale of the Conquest. I don't expect to MAKE money if I trade up, but I do want to limit my losses.

When I saw the thread about the Chanel tracks low cost and being able to run on "any" tire, my interest piqued. Maybe this could be a workable solution that most of us common, hard-working, middle-class folks can afford.

Hi, I saw another video of chanel track on youtube. It's called argo chanel track 19 hill. I talked to Patenteux and he told me that it was in 30 inches of snow. The hill is steeper than it looks like on video. It's also amazing seeing it going up those wood logs topped with snow. It doesn't seem that the track slips on the logs.
    So far everything I saw about those chanel track look very interesting. Still waiting for the money to buy myself a pair.
    Jack

same for me. It's a shame. We have good tracks made here in québec and we can't even talked about them. We could have a comparaison between different type of tracks but no way if we mentioned chanel track on that site we get banned. I think that it is just better for all of us to have a chance to share different experience with our aatv.
    Jack

Need some vids of these tracks in floating bog and in deep water where the tracks arnt touching bottom plz

Hi Rockrewls i make a new vidéo in a swamp at my hunting camp in a next spring in deep water.

ok tyvm

argo chanel track 19 hill - YouTube
    Hi, here is the link on youtube about chanel track in snow and steep hill. It doesn't look like it but the hill is a lot steeper than what we see on the video. So far proof are that they go very good in deep snow. Patenteux will put a video on youtube in deep mud and water as soon as it melt this spring. He already put some video in mud but there are more to come. About swimming I doubt that they swim well. I guess that they will be like the escargo track in water but we'll see we might have a surprise. I don't do much water with my avenger so up to now they look perfect for my needs.
    Jack

Those tracks are awesome in the snow, climbed hills and snow piles like it was nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMerv View Post
    The Carlisle Stryker in 22x11-8. It has a bit of a chevron tread in the middle and is essentially a 3-ply tire. Tougher than the 2-ply tries I've looked at and a softer ride than the 4-plies. I've heard that it won't swim at all, or that it will 'barely' swim, that it will swim if you modify (cut off) some of the knobbies, and I've heard that it swims fine if you mount the chevron backwards like the ARGO tires. I've even heard that it will swim, but backwards to what a typical ARGO owner would suspect (i.e. - with the chevrons mounted as the ARGO tires are - open end of the chevron forward, the tire swims backward)! I guess I'll have to try a set and find out for myself. I they do swim, I'll post pics.

Down here in the deep south, swamps are where it will typically operate, so I'm leaning heavily toward a tracked vehicle, though it would be nice to take the tracks off and still have some ability to swim. That's when I was considering the new, improved, ARGO tires. The 24" idea is nice, but I didn't want to take on the hassles of proper fitment, and I am concerned about re-weighting the torque converter to offset the 9% effective gearing increase the taller tires provide. Also, my Conquest still has the 20 HP Kawasaki engine and I am not sure if it will have the power to pull the larger tires in the deep, sticky mud down here. So...I checked out the ARGO 22" tires and then the Adair tracks. I was going to accept my fate, swallow hard, and spend the dough to get that combination. It's tried and tested, plus no other modifications are necessary.

I got the Conquest for a really good price and it only had 106 one-owner hours on it when I bought it. It was in storage for many years and the owner did pamper the vehicle. Even considering all of that, I am a bit concerned about sinking a touch over $4,000 into the ARGO 22" tires and Adair tracks. That's a lot more than I paid for the vehicle. If I ever want to move into a newer ARGO, I'll lose my rear end on the sale of the Conquest. I don't expect to MAKE money if I trade up, but I do want to limit my losses.

When I saw the thread about the Chanel tracks low cost and being able to run on "any" tire, my interest piqued. Maybe this could be a workable solution that most of us common, hard-working, middle-class folks can afford.
    Roger S had a set of those Carlisle Strykers mounted on his Argo and they do swim but slowly, I have also heard that if you cut the nobbies off they swim better, I can't confirm this, but I have seen Roger S Argo in the swamp and can confirm those tires do swim a little. Other forum members have said they can be modified to swim better.

If you never saw Roger S drive, he was something, he would open his throttle, get in the back seat and rock that Argo through places no on else would go, he would blast over trees, and climb hills that scared the hell out of me. Never saw anyone who could pilot and machine like Roger S. He passed away from cancer two months after I watched his amazing skill in person. He never mentioned he was sick and was right there to help anyone who had a problem.

Go to the 2:20 minute marker of this video and you will see a small example of the way Roger S drove.

Last edited by mightymaxIV; 03-17-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Hi chanel track users. Does anybody have some more videos of those chanel track. anybody ever experience breaking throu the ice and climb back on it.
    Jack

+ Reply to Thread