New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

I Rod,

I try to send you a message but your private inbox tell me that your have no place to receive this message....

Try to send me a inbox private message and I give you my phone number...

Patenteux

Has been taken care of Patenteux,thanks .NCT

Another video of these new tracks, I must say this is indeed some hard core snow running. I would be afair to take any machine to these extremes. Cudos to the owner for showing us just what a well equipped Argo can do in awful conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Another video of these new tracks, I must say this is indeed some hard core snow running. I would be afair to take any machine to these extremes. Cudos to the owner for showing us just what a well equipped Argo can do in awful conditions.

Dan you said it,impressive that the track system dealt with it,that would equate to 10 years use the way I baby mine,these maybe a better track for me more all purpose and probably less if any drive train windup and support a new business in Canada.Cheers NCT

Love this vid. I can just feel the cold snow down the back of the neck watching this. He puts his machine thru some tough terrain here.

There is a lot to be said for these tracks.

Now to prepare for the snow that is in the forecast for this area...they are calling for up to 60cms (2 feet) of the white stuff within the next day.
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

Caterpillars

Quote Originally Posted by guyfox View Post
    Love this vid. I can just feel the cold snow down the back of the neck watching this. He puts his machine thru some tough terrain here.

There is a lot to be said for these tracks.

Now to prepare for the snow that is in the forecast for this area...they are calling for up to 60cms (2 feet) of the white stuff within the next day.
    Two feet you lucky manI have placed a call off to Patenteux he is out at the moment,I would be a bit of a Guinea pig and if Iam wrong it wouldn't be the first time I have backed the looseing horse,if you ever spent the time to check out the vids from those fellows from the French/Canadian website Sentier 6x6 you would see there are some very serious trail rides this group does.I myself use my machine for winter transport in the north and fetching firewood in the summer as well as access to my cabin and would never see the type of riding these fellas do very often if ever,I had plastic Supertracks which served me for nearly twenty years,then went to Argo rubber due to two things one was wanting a winter track,two was availability,three price,the Adair system looks very robust and extremely capable,but pricey and shipping and so on not the best for us here in Canada and they had to perform in the snow and ice,so Iam looking hard at a throw of the dice on Mr Patenteux design and try a set and will not sugar coat my results,they have to work in the winter and I for the first time may leave them on for some spring use,whatever the case if I buy a set 6x6 World members will get the no BS real world results worse case cut them down throw them on the Attex.Cheers NCT

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post

Awesome snow video...great looking track design and looks like the tracks and machine work great...luv the custom roll bar for pushing through the trees and brush...look like really fun guys to ride with..great job guys!

Tim

Had a chat with Patenteux,nice guy, very personable,avid AATVer,I took up too much of his time talking about his track design but he answered every question and never tried to rush me off the phone,this is not a man trying to light the world on fire he had a vision of what he thought would work and went ahead and built it not sat around and bench raced.He has had 10 months of literally beating the poop out of some sets and no failures,and looking at the recent snow vid the testing is rigorous to say the least.Couple of things come to mind one is the design is simple,and the fact that on hard surface only the width of the tire is on the ground as the "Chanel" is much lower than the rest of the track,this is brilliant skidding them sideways takes little effort,they are easy to stud if required with either a sharpened long bolt or off the shelf snowmobile studs,tear a belt inner or outer you can stitch in a piece of belting,no track guides to wedge branches and sticks in which has happened to me on the Argo tracks,self cleaning for us that snow use so much this is good when encountering slushy lakes,yes they are not made of high tech materials more like farm issue but seem effective and easy to repair,could you or I build a track like it with the necessary materials and equipment,no problem do most of us have the time and want to run around for materials and have the shop to do it?Patenteux is just a ordinary guy who has a passion for the sport I give him credit for trying.Cheers NCT

I agree. I'll say it again...for the price, I don't think you could go wrong. I think that's the biggest factor for most everyone. Your time is worth something too (trying to build your own), and I think considering materials, he is doing people a big favor. Adding things to the channel would be EASY too to improve certain areas. A properly shaped-crosser with no tire guides is much easier on your tires (if inflated properly and the inside belt is beveled). The belt and crosser stays away from the sidewall, most all of the contact area is on the tread/sidetread. Great job Patenteux!

Every time I look at the videos the tracks remind me of the ones used on the old Nodwell 110 machines. Crested metal grousers with rubber belting. Just looks to use a wider tire and narrower belting.

Keith.
    Last edited by kghills; 01-11-2013 at 06:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread