New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58

Thread: New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

goud idie i try that

Welcome a new Argo 8x8 owner! I live in Florida with swamps and water. Any general recommendation either to keep my tires or get tracks? If so what works best for those conditions (no snow obviously)...Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance,

chanel track

Hi: what size of channel do you use. Plan to build some tracks but so far smallest channel I can find is 2 inch which I think is far too heavy, plus will be difficult to bend as well. It has 1/8 sides and 3/16 bottom. thanks Don

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1 View Post
    Hi: what size of channel do you use. Plan to build some tracks but so far smallest channel I can find is 2 inch which I think is far too heavy, plus will be difficult to bend as well. It has 1/8 sides and 3/16 bottom. thanks Don
    I would recommend 1-1/2” Wide X 1/2” tall x 1/8” thick. You may be able to find 3/16 thick. But I would caution against it. If you do I would recommend spacing them 3” apart. This will make the track very heavy, but it offers some additional resistance to bending (and especially metal fatigue/breaking) if tracks are over-tightened. Material cost is low, but the tighter grouser spacing and weight + labor + diminished performance made us decide to stop building them altogether. It took a number of years to truly prove this out, but this is my honest opinion. And I have built 10s of Thousands of these silly grousers

Buzz: Thank you, judging by the pictures that is what I thought. Unfortunately, so far have not be able to locate it that small. The 2inch I found is 3/16 and as you say very heavy. Plus, would be much tougher to bend.

+ Reply to Thread