New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

New Type of Tracks - Chanel Tracks

Hi every body. Did you ever see those tracks made by a guy ( patenteux on sentier 6X6 forum) from Québec, Canada. channel track 19 pouces - YouTube

They are similar to the escargo but a lot lighter and a lot cheaper. I'm in contact with Patenteux to get some. They can go on avenger with agressive tire like the mud bug 25X12X9. He also makes some for different tire size
    Jack

Last edited by mudbug3; 01-09-2013 at 09:53 PM.

He has more videos on youtube ( channel track 19") in a pound of water and ice. I'm not saying they are better than adair but it seems putty good and less than 1/2 the price of escargo and adair.
    Jack

cool....Nice find. I wish it was easier to see his crossers. They seem to do pretty darn good in that terrain. Thanks for finding that- the price sounds right especially if they work really well.
    Last edited by Buzz; 04-17-2013 at 12:45 PM.

The video was just to show them. A weeled argo would do the same as that video.The other videos show it more in the snow and a bit of mud. Like I said they really look like the escargo so I think they should be good in mud and also in snow. My concern is about the strenth of the crossers and also the belt, are they as strong as the escargo. I talked to the guy and he told me that he tried them in rocks, hard terrain and mud this summer and so far no crossers broke. He didn't have a chance to try them in deep snow since he started to make them last spring.But the price is very good, it's more afordable.
    Jack

Sure looks like he is running a lot of tire pressure in the video. The tires don't seem to give at all on any of the trees or ruts. Maybe they need to be over inflated with the tracks having no real track guides.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

they look like bombardier tracks.are the crosslinks made of steel?

He's running 5 pounds in them and he said they never went off. He put them on kijiji.ca ( channel track) and on the québec site "Les pacs", just type channel track. He's asking $1800.00 neg for a 6 wheeler and around $2100.00 for an 8X8. They can go on any type of tires.
    Jack

Here is a link so you can see how they are made....It is an ad on kijiji.ca with the tracks for sale....Just click on the pic and this will enlarge the pic...then just click each pic to see the tracks closer.....they are nice looking tracks....

Chenilles pour Argo - Québec Véhicules tout-terrain (VTT) Ã* vendre - Kijiji Québec

P.S. Ad is in fench but pics are english.....hahaha
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

I just talked to the guy ( his name is Marcel). He said that the crossers have 4.25 inches between each of them so the track cleans good in the mud. He's just waiting for lots of snow and he will put the video on youtube. The one on avenger weigh 95 pounds each, less than rubber and 1/2 the weight of the escargo. So far he didn't have any issues with the crossers. Nobody complained about crossers broken.
    Jack

+ Reply to Thread