2006 8x8 680 Kohler - Operating Temperature

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2006 8x8 680 Kohler - Operating Temperature

2006 8x8 680 Kohler - Operating Temperature

Hello,

I have a "new to me" 2006 8x8 Avenger, and I am wondering what the normal operating temperature is for the 680 water-cooled Kohler?

I currently rarely goes over 110 degrees. I check the T-Stat, and it is a 190. I have tried a 210, with no difference.

Any input is appreciated.

Guy

Placentia, Newfoundland

110 seems low with a 190 thermostat....maybe its stuck open
    Your gauge could be wrong....check the sending unit and make sure its clean and working.

we tried the 210 t-stat, and had the same results.

There is a bypass port at the side t-stat, and that may be allowing too much flow through. When we put the 210 in we did not have the proper gasket, and had to make one. We forgot to put the indent for the bypass, and the temp climbed a lot more, up to about 225 before we shut it down for worry about overheating.

Thanks,

Guy

I would replace the 190 thermostat with the correct gasket.

Does anyone have an argo with the 680 Kohler water cooled? What temperature does it operate at normally once warmed up?

If the sending unit has a poor connection or bad wire it will give false readings at the gauge.
    Try grounding the wire at the sending unit and the gauge should read max temp.
    I think that engine also has a high temp warning light or alarm.

Rarely see anything over 100,but I also have a heater kit so even more cooling.

+ Reply to Thread