Last year produced

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Last year produced

Last year produced

What was the absolute last year of Attex production and what models were produced ?

I think it was in the mid 80's. I really don't know for sure since Attex was bought and sold a couple times around then. I recall a company that made trolly cars buying them out and putting out a very small number of machines. I can't remember any of the other companies that acquired the assets of Attex though......maybe some other members could chime in. I think there was the 450 Tomahawk, 500 Superchief and then the 'Lil Truck variations of each. They had the horrible GT-1 and GT-2 series transmissions that would always break (and many say this is what was a big part of the downfall of Attex) These transmissions were designed by Ontario Gear and Drive.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

So what your saying is that Attex had lost the use of the T 20 rights before they went belly up.

What I wonder is why they would go to a rival company for a transmission and expect it to be a good one??
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    What I wonder is why they would go to a rival company for a transmission and expect it to be a good one??
    Good one,and Argo used a totally different tranny forever I never seen a Argo with a GT 1 must have been a test mule heaped on the waste pile.

A quote from wikipedia:
    Attex produced several models from 1968–1983

Heres the link:
    Amphibious ATV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you know Borg Warner originally produced the t20, at some point Recreatives aquired the t20 and began producing them. They would still sell to Attex but they were so expensive that it became impossible to build a machine that the market would support, that is when Attex began changing hands and the different owners trying things like the gt trans. So, was the gt1 and gt2 trans the downfall of Attex INC?

Back to the original question, I once owned a green Superchief that was stamped 88-xxxxxx. I hope Bill Gerber chimes in on this thread and sets us straight on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe H View Post
    As you know Borg Warner originally produced the t20, at some point Recreatives aquired the t20 and began producing them. They would still sell to Attex but they were so expensive that it became impossible to build a machine that the market would support, that is when Attex began changing hands and the different owners trying things like the gt trans. So, was the gt1 and gt2 trans the downfall of Attex INC?

Back to the original question, I once owned a green Superchief that was stamped 88-xxxxxx. I hope Bill Gerber chimes in on this thread and sets us straight on it.
    My S/C has KN10497 a bit of space and 78 stamped into the top rail of the frame at the rear near the recoil stater,is this the chassis serial and would 78 be the year of production or jibberish ? I had not realized that the Attex,s produced after the T 20 debacle were the ones with the GT trans,I wanted to start a search for the last of the Superchiefs to add to my collection of one.LOL Holiday Cheers NCT

My Li'l Truck is an '82 and came with the T-20 and Chaparral engine combo.
    Banned

good question, one of the trannys made for Amphicats wer made by Odg. go figure

+ Reply to Thread