2013 Mudd-Ox Turbo Diesel 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Mudd-Ox Turbo Diesel 8x8

I’m still trying to figure out if I like the dash mounted throttle. I’ll probably never know unless I try the stick mounted version.

I wonder if Matt will sell me everything I need to convert.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by fcris View Post
    I’m still trying to figure out if I like the dash mounted throttle. I’ll probably never know unless I try the stick mounted version.

I wonder if Matt will sell me everything I need to convert.

Frank
    We are working on a nice stick mount switch and relay pack to convert from the dash mounted switch to a stick mounted one. If it is okay with Mike I will post some photos of this when we are done. And yes we will offer them to Mudd-Ox owners.

Matt
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/KaptainKrunch97/Signature_zps2b4e9265.jpg

Matt,

Any update on this Throttle Conversion?

I thinking about a twist grip throttle on one of the sticks or may even a thumb lever like on a four wheeler. Having the manual throttle down low where the third and forth fingers have to push is why you get tired and don't have any control. It would much better to have in a position where the thumb or index finger could control it since they are your strongest two fingers. And I would say putting the winch control on the opposite stick would be a good idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by fcris View Post
    Matt,

Any update on this Throttle Conversion?
    I was just at Matt's shop and he let me drive one with the throttle conversion. It took me some time getting use to it but I have a gas Mudd-Ox. He said if anyone that wants one should just give him a call. If I ever get a diesel I might get it, but first ware out the one I got so I can get a diesel...lol

Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    I was just at Matt's shop and he let me drive one with the throttle conversion. It took me some time getting use to it but I have a gas Mudd-Ox. He said if anyone that wants one should just give him a call. If I ever get a diesel I might get it, but first ware out the one I got so I can get a diesel...lol

Cougar
    If you want to wear it out, you have to show up at the rides......you missed out on Bundy Hill last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    If you want to wear it out, you have to show up at the rides......you missed out on Bundy Hill last weekend.
    Yeah we could have tried to flip two mud-ox then, or at least had a machine to pull the one we flipped our. It took 2 argo's in the front just to pull the ox. Then we had a 6x6 ox in the back to control hill descends.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Yeah we could have tried to flip two mud-ox then, or at least had a machine to pull the one we flipped our. It took 2 argo's in the front just to pull the ox. Then we had a 6x6 ox in the back to control hill descends.
    How did you flip the Mudd-Ox? Did you disconnect the front chains to tow it?

I encouraged Matt to "drive it like we stole it." We made 2 attempts to climb a 90 degree mud wall that was probably a bit over 5' tall. We eroded the right side of the wall quicker than the left on our second attempt causing the machine to roll right. Keep in mind that we rolled after a full minute or more of driving straight up and down. No machine could have climbed the wall without at least one more set of axles to add length, and I have never seen a 10x10. We did disconnect the chains and the wheels were free wheeling when we towed it. It still gave the 2 argo's a workout trying to pull the big ox though.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

So why did you have to tow it? Wouldn't start? Damaged too badly to drive? Did the roll bar deform at all?

+ Reply to Thread