Got another addict

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got another addict

My brothers getting an attex

I think I got my brother addictied and I hope he reads this cause I told him to join. My brother has been looking for a amphib. It sounds like he is getting this attex colt. Suppose to get it thurs of fri. The owner says the chains come off and there is something wrong with the tensioners. But he wants 900 for it and it seems great in the pict. In my eyes, redoing the tensioners is no big deal. What you guys think? Maybe you know about that problem?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by LarryW; 03-16-2008 at 09:01 AM.

The tires are on backwards but that is an easy fix.

Some people like to run the tires on the front of their amphib backwards , because it gives them better traction for climbing up muddy creek banks . I have 26 " Gators on the front of my Max IV , with the V facing forwards for maximum traction , when I,m climbing up out of the water , and the factory Terra tires , facing V backwards , for maximum water speed .

That looks like it's in nice shape, Larry. When the chains are coming off I've found it's usually a bad bearing, worn out sprockets, or just sprockets that are misaligned. Ler us know what happens.

Don
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I would say that the drive belt is either the wrong one or stretched. it seems to be sitting too low in the driven clutch might want to check that out as well.

Mike
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Larry,where is the Attex located? I swear I looked at the same one in Mansfield,Ohio 2 years ago.
    Bruce

hdble- It is located near Detroit. Untile friday when it will live near Kalamazoo. If I remember I will ask where he got it and how long ago, just for kicks incase it was seen by you.

Don-It is suppose to have new axle bearings. Think he said new axles or something else too, maybe it is a missalignment issue if put together wrong. We will just have to check it out when we pick it up Friday.

micmac- The engine is from an Artic Cat I guess. This is the same guy I got my tt208 from. When I picked it up he gave me the original jlo engine to the colt but has no carb. Anyways, I could see where the belt might not be 100%

attex dont forget i still have

i still have the 208tt for sale,kane pa 16735,needs hole patched below headlight,new chains,7000 tranny,44o daul carb 600.00

OK, went with my brother yesterday and picked it up. I can see someone put alot of time into it. Everything is painted and looks good. Wired up nicely and pretty nice. The belt is really worn out but other then that its great. I guess they put $430 dollars into it.
    The tensioner gets tightend down in the adjustable slot on the front chains. Well it loosens up and slide down I guess. Might need some washers or something but no biggy.
    I could tell my brother and his wife are happy. And now I have a 6x6 riding partner so cant wait to go riding with him.

hdble, I forgot to ask about where and how long he had it but he said he just painted it like 2 weeks ago so probly not same one you saw.
    Last edited by LarryW; 03-21-2008 at 09:47 PM.

Hi Larry,
    No problem, it sure looked like the one I went to look at though.
    Glad to hear your brother and his wife are happy with it, sounds like a belt and fix the adjuster and they will get lots of hours of enjoyment.
    Tell your brother to get on here we would like to see more pics of that attex.

See ya!
    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread