Throttle cable broke again

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Throttle cable broke again

Throttle cable broke again

Replace my trottle cable evey thing seemed ok but it broke agian in the handle.cable seem to be put in the right way.It broke off right at the small ball on the end in side the handle.I have a 1990 vangaurd with a briggs motor
    never will ride anything with less then 6 wheels again

I am not sure if this is the issue, but with cars I have seen a rare issue where the engine is not grounded correctly and the throttle cable acts as a ground. What happens is the cable gets hot and breaks off at one of the ends.... Not sure if this is your issue, but it may be worth a try....

Was this a new or used cable?
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

This is actually a fairly common problem with Argo. The throttle assembly is an item that I have at least one back up in reserve. I do this because I took a 5 mile ride through the swamp when my first one broke, I had to improvise a throttle cable from bailing wire and a screw driver, got me back to the truck but I learned my lesson. I may rig up a thumb throttle instead of the twist unit at some point.
    The Argo throttles are not well made anymore.
    Last edited by Noel Woods; 01-05-2013 at 10:49 AM.

well I did replace the starter some time ago and the ground wire clam was not put back onto the side of the motor because I lost the screw but did find it show I will be putting that back on.Maybe I should go with the thumb throttle to seems to be better from what peopleare saying.Do you still use the same cable because I just got a new one yesterday
    never will ride anything with less then 6 wheels again

I actually had a spare made at an atv specialty shop, they used a higher quality ball unit in the twist throttle which seemed to do the trick. The cost was $30.

+ Reply to Thread