CVT test run

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: CVT test run

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post

To answer your questions, you should contact Roy @ Quality Drive Systems
    Carlisle bought out Dayco belts. Dayco used to have a listing online of belt lengths, widths and #'s, but Carlisle changed the website.
    Mudd-ox is the only 6 or 8 wheeler I know that uses a diesel, but I don't think ever used a CVT clutch with the diesel (only gas motor).
    I think Argo also offers a diesel in the "industrial model", but I don't think I've ever seen pictures of those that weren't tracked....maybe tracks were an option that everyone bought???
    The other diesels you find will be custom builds. The biggest issue is the RPM range. Most will want to run between 1500-2500 rpms. Yanmars will turn a little faster though, and may be an easier motor to tune in.

Quote Originally Posted by coachgeo View Post
    Who is Roy?
    Look up a couple posts, Jim gave a link...

... (same ones used in powerbloc 80 btw) ...
    That depends on which powerbloc 50 you have. The older conquest CVT (an older version of the powerbloc 50) like the one I have uses different mass blocks. The guy at CVTech told me they weren't interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Look up a couple posts, Jim gave a link...
    Ahhhh... Roy is the Argo parts guy. OK called him. He was clueless. Nice fellow but knew only about Argo and their is only one belt for them.

...That depends on which powerbloc 50 you have. The older conquest CVT (an older version of the powerbloc 50) like the one I have uses different mass blocks. The guy at CVTech told me they weren't interchangeable.
    interesting. Since mine came from CVtech I hope that is not an issue I run into.

Ahhhh... Roy is the Argo parts guy...
    Oops, sorry I sent you astray, that's the wrong guy. Roy is the guy behind Quality Drive Systems <click that link--

He's talked about in these parts as a CVT guru.

... Since mine came from CVtech I hope that is not an issue I run into.
    I don't think it is. I just didn't want someone with a conquest and its old powerbloc 50 accidentally buying the newer weights.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Oops, sorry I sent you astray, that's the wrong guy. Roy is the guy behind Quality Drive Systems <click that link--

He's talked about in these parts as a CVT guru.

I don't think it is. I just didn't want someone with a conquest and its old powerbloc 50 accidentally buying the newer weights.
    Understand your not wanting my post to cause anyone with a Conquest/pb50 issue so thanks for adding that tid bit of knowledge for the readers about the compatibility point.

As to Roy: DING DING DING DING..... you sir are my hero. Roy is THE MAN. Had a great conversation with him and even found out we have a common friend.
    Last edited by coachgeo; 03-28-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Who is Roy?

Roy at Quality Drive Systems

+ Reply to Thread