two transmissions one swamp fox 8X8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: two transmissions one swamp fox 8X8

two transmissions one swamp fox 8X8

I recently traded for the elusive 8X8 Swamp Fox in Alaska and am trying to get it going. It appears to have the T20 tranny with an additional 2 speed tranny. The engine powers the 2 speed, High, Low, Nuetral, Reverse, that is chain connected to the T20. Should the T20 be left in Foreward all the time and the 2 speed used for full time or what?

This is quite interesting. Can't help with what you are asking but I'm sure everyone would like to see pictures of an 8X8 swamp fox and how the transmissions are set up.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

I was reading some old Swamp Fox brochures and it said there was an optional high/low range gear box with the T-20. I immediately thought of this Swamp Fox 8x8. Could you please post some pictures of it so we can help you figure this out. Thanks. I'd be willing to say that it can operate in forward or reverse, both high and low.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I talked to a man a few years ago who had one of the two speed transmission Swamp Fox machines. He described it as a detached gear box that worked in conjunction with the T-20. He told me that the set up didn't work too well and he eventually removed it. I have never seen one, nor the hydraulic transmission that the Swamp Fox used for a short time-frame. I'd like to see the photos as well.

I will try to take pictures tonight and post tomorrow.

Cool. We'd really appreciate that. I'm really looking forward to seeing the machine and its driveline.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

how do you post pix?

I usually upload it to the gallery first and the there is a link at the bottom of the page that needs to be copied and pasted into the box that opens when you click on the tree picture thing that is above the text box while writing a post.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Six Wheeler Photos - Amphibious ATV Pictures

Theres a thin blue menu bar in the upper right hand side of the page. On the far right hand side of that blue menu bar you'll see where it says "Home · Search · Profile · Upload Photos". Click "Upload Photos" and go from there.

I can't wait to see that Swamp Fox 8x8!

+ Reply to Thread