two transmissions one swamp fox 8X8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: two transmissions one swamp fox 8X8

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Here's a good one for you, Tomo. Some of the early Swamp Fox models were offered with an optional Berkeley Jet Drive unit. I'm having the brochure scanned and I'll get it on the site soon for everyone.
    hi jp,
    Just when u think u r aware of all the options for the swamp fox along comes 2or3 more !!!!!!!!!!!!
    The main constant in all this it sounds like the designers experimented alot ......... as a result a good machine was made .
    We all just need to keep the good information turning up so keep looking everywhere .
    I found info at a university in LA , unfortunately it was only advertising but no more detail than the site it already has .

tomo.

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    ...from the bottom of the tub to the top of the wheel well is 19 1/2 inches. Inside measurements as if the tub was on the ground.
    This 19 1/2" measurement is one of the qualities that makes a Super Swamp Fox a Super Swamp Fox. I measured mine today to confirm what I already thought, and it was dead on 19 1/2". The centerline of the axle holes are 4.5" up from the bottom of the tub. Unless you have a different measurement on your machine Santa, you WILL be able to to fit 26" tires without problem. No "shoulds" or anything. If you have "about" an inch and a half above your tire, confirm your tire height. Don't read the sidewall; measure it.

If you can't fit a true 26" high tire on your machine, it means that your axle holes have been drilled at a different height than (at a bare minimum) my machine, and probably most other Super Swamp Fox bodies....

Thanks so much for the info! This forum and the members areAWESOME! Glad I joined.
    Santa

Glad to see this 1 of 1 swamp fox went to a good home. It was on craigslist off and on for a couple years. I drove 6 hours down from delta junction to buy it a couple years ago and ended up not getting it. I got it started and drove it around and played with hi and low range which seemed to work real well? I just decided to hold off and ended up buying a Max IV instead. If I remember it only had 80 hours or so on it? So the T-20 shouldn't need to be rebuilt but who knows until its taken apart? I also remember looking at the tire to tub clearance and thinking that bigger tires could be fit onto it? Good luck santa with your 8x8 its a keeper. akranger

+ Reply to Thread