Our 2nd Carroll Stream 16hp CS190 engine has bit the dust, less than 6 hours on it.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Our 2nd Carroll Stream 16hp CS190 engine has bit the dust, less than 6 hours on it.

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!

Our 2nd Carroll Stream 16hp CS190 engine has bit the dust, less than 6 hours on it.

Over heating issues and then it acts like it is almost seized up, it will turn over and start fine after it cools down. Total of about 6 hours on it, after run-in.
    Mikes did the same thing a few month's ago.

Contact us BEFORE you buy a Carroll Stream engine!

http://www.carrollstream.com/default.asp
    www.carrollstream.com
    CALL US: 888.208.2088
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

Sorry to hear about your luck. It is unfortunate when members spend good money to get a project going and issues like this keep coming up. I do remember reading a thread not too long ago about a bad Carroll Stream engine. Out of curiosity, were the engines being run governed or ungoverned? Also, how different are these from the duromax engines I read about members using? It is good to have a nice source for cheap engines for low budget projects. I believe these clone engines do not get as detailed attention during their build process as the name brand engines. My dad got a cheap harbor freight engine to replace a blown push blower motor, and I had him run it for a short bit and then change the oil to get any machine shavings possibly left in the engine out. Maybe it was a waste of oil, but I felt it was a good idea and knew it wouldn't hurt anything.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    Mine for sure still has the governor installed as from the factory, I believe Mikes was also.
    It looks like the HFT Predator engines are manufactured by a different company, not sure about Blue Max engines.
    Larry may chime in about the Blue's, he has had good luck with them and has been running at least one in a machine for quite a while now.
    ed

BTW...my Carroll Stream engine is manufactured by Lifan or LIFAN
    Last edited by PlumCrazy; 10-22-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: added Manufacturers name
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

+ Reply to Thread