Argo dying.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo dying.

Argo dying.

hello everyone. Took my 1998 Argo on its first real trip today. Everytime I tried to go over half throttle the Argo would lose power and die. After a couple minutes it would start right back up again and go fine. If I tried going over half throttle again it would die. Or if I tried to go up a hill iy would lose power and stall half way up the hill. It has fresh gas and fuel filter is new. I'm stumped. I read somewhere that there is a fuel shutoff module on the side of the carb. Not sure tho if that's it. Its a 20 hp kawasaki motor and at idle it runs perfect. No spuddering are nothing. Anyone run into this before? Thanks

Sounds as if you're on the right tract, you could remove it and try to lube it or if your willing to risk it you could nip the tip about a 1/4" from the end and if that's the problem you'll know. Could also be a lazy fuel pump or fuel hose going bad, but if it's picking back up quickly after stumbling say 2-5 seconds I'd guess it's the shut off solenoid.

Ok ill give it a try. thanks for the reply

Clean the carbs and replace ALL the fuel line. These are good maitnece issues and realtivly cheap. Even if it dont fix your problem (I think it will) it is good to knock them out!

I have no idea if this might help but I have had numerous problems with our local ethanol gas. I have been using a gas additive "StarTron" that is suppose to help eliminate water build up in small engines. I have no doubt that it has helped in my lawn mower, chain saws, ATVs, Argo, Trimmers and I use it in all small engines. Solved several performance problems. Hope this helps!!! Wilburjohn

The new ethanol fuels will quickly break down the fuel lines, my bet is there is a rubber particle thats stopped the flow of fuel, it could be a fuel pump but I'd start working on the most likely suspect (rubber lines) then go from there to the fuel pump, then the carb. Depending on how long the machine set up, a good carb cleaning may be called for anyway. It doesn't sound like you have an electrical issue.

We had an older one and had a similar issue.. After a bit of looking and checking out the carb, we found a small pin hole leak in a diaphram.. Replaced it and ran great afterwards.. Not sure if that would help, but an idea..

I had this issue with my 2000 vanguard 2. Changed fuel filter, cleaned the carb, added fresh fuel with additives. Still had the issue. Turns out my problem was the seals in the carb were gone. So i cleaned the carb again and used some of that liquid seal. she has been working great for the past two years now.

Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread