All UHMW Escargo-style track available soon

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: All UHMW Escargo-style track available soon

All UHMW Escargo-style track available soon

Beaver Dam is offering an all-UHMW track
    contact them for more info

over 24" tires (frontier and HDI) = 85 lbs per side
    over 25" tires = adds just a couple pounds
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Buzz; 02-17-2014 at 07:56 AM. Reason: merged three consecutive posts (you can edit your original post)

Thanks Buzz thats a nice looking piece.

Beaver Dam Argo is the dealer of Escargo track systems in the USA and can custom make the UHMW track to fit any tire, in any width, with spacers or without. The tracks weigh about 85 lbs for an 8x8 and will climb you out of the open water and up onto the ice if you fall through with your Argo. They make MAX tracks, Mudd-Ox tracks etc.
    Last edited by Mike; 01-22-2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: removed commercial portion

Nothing but a direct copy of the Adair belted design.

Escargo had this design alot earlier .

Nice looking track...I'm sure Adair is flattered ....looks just like some of the early prototypes that adair built...can't see where the performance will be any better than the antique ESCargo design and it looks as though they have retained many of the basic design flaws of the ESCargo track... but the change of material should be a big improvement in weight and less likely to damage or tear up the machine when they fall off

I always thought UHMW would be a good material for tracks... and now to make my own design...

I am not going to make any judgments on these tracks until we see them in action on a few members machines, but my personal feeling is any competition in manufacturing machines, parts, or accessories, is a good thing for hobbyists. It only brings the cost of goods down and ensures that manufactures are doing adequate research and development before sending a product to market.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    I am not going to make any judgments on these tracks until we see them in action on a few members machines, but my personal feeling is any competition in manufacturing machines, parts, or accessories, is a good thing for hobbyists. It only brings the cost of goods down and ensures that manufactures are doing adequate research and development before sending a product to market.

Good point. I called Beaver Dam Argo to check on the price of the rubber belted tracks with UHMW grousers and then asked about the price it would cost to fit an Argo Frontier 6x6. I was quoted a price of $2,500. Adair Argo sales uses a 1.5" inch, UHMW Grouser that extends more than half way down the side wall of the tire to prevent the Adair tracks from walking off of the tire for $2,500. In contrast , Beaver Dam Argo only uses one inch grousers and with no visible grouser side wrap on the tires that I can see. Adair Argo sales are now on their 12th generation of tracks, and are always looking for improvements to bring their tracks to another level of improvement. Competition is good if you can buy a comparable product cheaper and --->with the same quality <----, but this is'nt the case I see with the Beaver dam , UHMW, rubber belted tracks. In my opinion you are taking a step backwards to buy a track that won't work as well, and for the same price in cost
    Last edited by mudbug3; 01-23-2013 at 12:38 PM.

track style is completely different. The escargo style tracks are by far the most resistant to falling off. They basically do not and will not fall off in any situation. Both track styles can be made with 1.5" material. Both tracks utilize grousers that function as both the cleat and guide at the same time. The Adair has movable guides (because the belting is at tread level), while the other (escargo style) has crossers that can move...at the tread level...while the guides (affixed on the elevated-belt) are extremely stable and prevent the track from falling off
    Last edited by Buzz; 02-17-2014 at 08:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread