All UHMW Escargo-style track available soon

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: All UHMW Escargo-style track available soon

I myself will be looking for a good set of tracks. But what to buy A chev or a ford. Chev lovers say they are the best and ford lovers say they are.
    I have been running the modified plastic argo track. And given the right snow, I would say they are very reliable, And I have not lost a tire or track yet. {BUT} If I go from low elevation to high elevation with a big temp change the track becomes a snow ball. And you do not go anywhere. All the trips I take I start out in a about two feet of wet snow and end up in ten to fifteen feet of dry cold powder snow.
    I do not care about the swimming or mud ability of the tracks We just need a good track for changing snow conditions,
    Some say the adair track is the best others say the escargo track is the best. It,s like the old ford and chev fight.
    All in all I would like a good track without braking the bank/ But then again you get what you pay for.
    Tracks will be updated and changed, improved, as time go,s by

ram tough lol

Does this track design require a axle extension? More expense, more wear and tear on the machine.

Buzz-Adair tracks have grousers that attack mud and swamp at every angle, these tracks don't even have any thing on the side to attack mud lanes or river banks at different angles, YOU CAN SAY what ever you want, but it only takes one look to see which track will perform better.

I'd sure like to see some vidio of the new Escarge UHMW tracks pulling an Argo out on the ice. I don't think the UHMW will have the bite on ice like the steel does. Maybe with some carbide sled studs, but I don't think just plain they'll get enough bite.

Buzz, tracks for our 6x6 and 8x8 AATVs are cool. I always wondered why it took so long for the more diverse types of tracks we are seeing now to come to market. I use my Max in mud, snow, swamps, woods, rivers, dirt and ice. I would like to say I use my Max only for recreational use but considering it has had a log splitter or trailer full of wood hooked to it for the last 6-8 weeks I guess that's not really true. I have marveled over tracked vehicles for years. Cushmans, Nodwels, Tuckers, Bombadies, they're all really cool but seem somewhat limited in their scope of use. I have never had the Escargo style tracks but have looked at them and am curious about them. I have had the waffle style rubber Max tracks and found them not up to the different types of riding I do plus I felt they put too much pressure on the drive and considering the effort to get them on it amazed me how easy I could throw one off. I never have lost an Adair track. On my Argo Bigfoot With the 14.5 wide tracks I slid sideways up against a boulder once and when it hit the rock it forced the grouser into the side of the tire and it popped the bead. I drove it home and put air in it but that was it. My Max has the 18.5 wide Adair tracks and I have never fully thrown one of these tracks. I was running 2.5 to 3PSI in my tires for the first few months I had them on to see if it would ride better. There should be video of it at the Badlands ATV park in some pretty rutted up conditions and I had no problems. I did almost throw the tracks twice at the low pressure though later. Both times I was trying to counter rotate on rough terrain and the flat side plates that connect the grousers caught on mounds of dirt and as I rotated went to push a track off the rear tire. Both times I caught it and just used my head and turned the machine the opposite way and walked the track back on. Neither time did I loose the bead on any tires or damage them in any way. After the second time doing this I upped the pressure to 5PSI and have had no more issues. To me the UHMW grouser that wraps way around the tire makes the most sense. Tim at Adair really does not advertise it but he has all sorts of cleats, spikes and inserts for his tracks if you need more traction on ice or other surfaces. I am curious as to how well the escargo style track will stay on. As I stated in another thread they just look like a variation of an old Nodwel tracks to me. On the Nodwel the narrow ride tires in the arched grouser with wide belts on either side and a drive sprocket. Makes sense. With the flotation tires of an AATV and not a whole lot of side wrap on the tires how the heck do they stay on when you are running in ruts or turn in rough terrain? Do you need to rely on a bunch of tire pressure? That is one thing that I felt was nice about the Adair tracks compared to the rubber tracks. The Adair tracks seem more forgiving to tire pressure inconsistencies. Sorry, don't mean to sound like an Adair drone but I really have had excellent results with Tim's products and service plus it is so much fun to not get stuck. I love tracks and these Escargo variants with UHMW grousers do look interesting and have me curious. I hope to see videos of them in all sorts of conditions soon.

For the record the first Argo I ever drove did had Adair tracks on it. I test drove it at Beaver Dam Argo. Chris is only 45 minutes from my house. Maybe I will give Chris a call to see if he wants to run up to Doug's (foxvalley) swamp and do some riding in the spring. Ice, mud, stumps, poison sumach. Doesn't get much better (or worse) than that.

Hope this is considered "good" information.

Keith.
    Last edited by kghills; 01-23-2013 at 12:07 PM.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyOutThere View Post
    Beaver Dam Argo is the dealer of Escargo track systems in the USA and can custom make the UHMW track to fit any tire, in any width, with spacers or without. The tracks weigh about 85 lbs for an 8x8 and will climb you out of the open water and up onto the ice if you fall through with your Argo. They make MAX tracks, Mudd-Ox tracks etc.
    Hello all! ...I've been enjoying following this new thread as I do with anything that's new, unique, or relates to tracks...appears that there are a lot of pretty loyal fans on all sides :-). I just wanted to congratulate Chris on a great looking product and to throw in my 2 cents...

I think that this is a pretty good looking track and should be a huge improvement over just tires....Chris at Beaver Dam Argo is a good friend of ours and is a great guy to deal with...he has been around these machines the better part of his life, knows a lot about them, and is passionate about whatever he sells...I think that this new track is going to work well in his swamps and marshes and I think it will be good for his dealership...im looking forward to seeing his videos and hope to get a chance to ride with him up there again soon.

Several people made a good point "that competition is good" and I agree...without others willing to take the risk and develop their own ideas none of us would have the opportunity to see what really works and to enjoy all of the new technology that we do. I truly believe that every good product out there is a special blend of unique ideas and past proven concepts ,and with every generation of a design, the product should keep getting better if we are all paying attention to what we and others are already doing.

Anyone thinking of trying a set of these new tracks should do so with confidence as Chris is a great guy and a good dealer and am sure that he will stand behind anything that he sells.

Keep up the good work!

Tim

I'm sure that if they are making a claim then it must be true. Looking at the picture of the track again got me thinking...if an Adair track and and ESCargo track got together and had a baby I suppose this is what it might look like.

Keith thanks for the good info...and thanks to all others who remain positive. More testing and more options are a good thing, and it proves again that it is very difficult to have 1 single track that does it all. I wish I had several different machines each with 3 sets of tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    ... I wish I had several different machines each with 3 sets of tracks.
    Now your talkin!

I've read through this topic start to finish several times. What I see is that a new track is out there from Beaver Dam Argo, I'm glad to see more interest from the private sector and a little competition as well. I wish there was more people stepping up to the plate and delivering what America is known around the world to be the best in: Innovation. There is no ideal track system that works for everybody and indeed no ideal machine.
    Amongst the machines and tracks I have they are all different, perform in different manners and even are quite distinct in set up and the way you perform maintenance. I really look forward to seeing the new track in action.
    What I think we as members need to do as well is to refrain from personal attacks. To call a fellow member a "drone" is an offensive term and appears to be thrown out there as venom. I think a more professional way of expressing an opinion is to say: "I disagree and here is why...,". I think we need to circle our wagons and conduct ourselves professionally and show respect to one another even when our positions are different.
    Last edited by Noel Woods; 01-24-2013 at 10:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread