All UHMW Escargo-style track available soon

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: All UHMW Escargo-style track available soon

I will have a set of these classic tracks soon for my 750 HDi and will post a couple pics as well as a video or two? These classic tracks will swim just fine I think and will work well up here in Alaska. I will still have to wait till end of May to swim them but will definitely get a short video.

Any new input or real world reports on these UMHW escargo style tracks ?

I've tested several variations of that style track, which is a wider version of the adair classic. As long as the track is built properly (cnc routered cleats..not hand cut) and assembled squarely to the proper length with proper belt clearance..and beveled inner belts.. it's going to work well. Some situations are going to require cleats to be added for traction. Just like the classic, you should use track tuners.
    I've seen one set from Beaver Dam up here and there were some "fit and finish" issues. The tracks were sent back, and Beaver Dam eventually sent a replacement which looked much better.

There are some escargo-style methods of assembly that need to be followed....namely with the fasteners...(thread and bolt-head direction in regards to tire sidewall). But the wider versions of elevated belt tracks are going to work very well, especially if you have traction when you need it.
    Last edited by Buzz; 02-17-2014 at 01:22 AM.

to state the obvious, don't believe the claim that an all-uhmw track will climb out onto the ice w/o some sort of traction aid.

No extra Traction added, enough said.
    Last edited by tattooman; 02-17-2014 at 01:51 PM.

your tracks look good. I love to see the little ones drive!

This is my nephew Noah he has autism. When i pull into his parents property with my max on the traier, his whole world seems to stop. He runs over and stands there till i get it unloaded, and then we are off for the day. You cant get the smile off his face. After all isnt this what its all about.
    Last edited by tattooman; 02-17-2014 at 02:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by tattooman View Post
    This is my nephew Noah he has autism. When i pull into his parents property with my max on the traier, his whole world seems to stop. He runs over and stands there till i get it unloaded, and then we are off for the day. You cant get the smile off his face. After all isnt this what its all about.

That IS SOOOOOO What it's about.

I know at the car show the kids that got in my rig loved sitting in it for pics...maybe next year rides

Kids are what i'ts about....Looks like he and you are having fun.

like to see the glorified John Deere golf cart get in/out of pond like that with dry feet...
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

+ Reply to Thread