All UHMW Escargo-style track available soon

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All UHMW Escargo-style track available soon

Hybrid View

All UHMW Escargo-style track available soon

Beaver Dam is offering an all-UHMW track
    contact them for more info

over 24" tires (frontier and HDI) = 85 lbs per side
    over 25" tires = adds just a couple pounds
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Buzz; 02-17-2014 at 07:56 AM. Reason: merged three consecutive posts (you can edit your original post)

Thanks Buzz thats a nice looking piece.

Beaver Dam Argo is the dealer of Escargo track systems in the USA and can custom make the UHMW track to fit any tire, in any width, with spacers or without. The tracks weigh about 85 lbs for an 8x8 and will climb you out of the open water and up onto the ice if you fall through with your Argo. They make MAX tracks, Mudd-Ox tracks etc.
    Last edited by Mike; 01-22-2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: removed commercial portion

Nothing but a direct copy of the Adair belted design.

Escargo had this design alot earlier .

Nice looking track...I'm sure Adair is flattered ....looks just like some of the early prototypes that adair built...can't see where the performance will be any better than the antique ESCargo design and it looks as though they have retained many of the basic design flaws of the ESCargo track... but the change of material should be a big improvement in weight and less likely to damage or tear up the machine when they fall off

I always thought UHMW would be a good material for tracks... and now to make my own design...

I'd sure like to see some vidio of the new Escarge UHMW tracks pulling an Argo out on the ice. I don't think the UHMW will have the bite on ice like the steel does. Maybe with some carbide sled studs, but I don't think just plain they'll get enough bite.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyOutThere View Post
    Beaver Dam Argo is the dealer of Escargo track systems in the USA and can custom make the UHMW track to fit any tire, in any width, with spacers or without. The tracks weigh about 85 lbs for an 8x8 and will climb you out of the open water and up onto the ice if you fall through with your Argo. They make MAX tracks, Mudd-Ox tracks etc.
    Hello all! ...I've been enjoying following this new thread as I do with anything that's new, unique, or relates to tracks...appears that there are a lot of pretty loyal fans on all sides :-). I just wanted to congratulate Chris on a great looking product and to throw in my 2 cents...

I think that this is a pretty good looking track and should be a huge improvement over just tires....Chris at Beaver Dam Argo is a good friend of ours and is a great guy to deal with...he has been around these machines the better part of his life, knows a lot about them, and is passionate about whatever he sells...I think that this new track is going to work well in his swamps and marshes and I think it will be good for his dealership...im looking forward to seeing his videos and hope to get a chance to ride with him up there again soon.

Several people made a good point "that competition is good" and I agree...without others willing to take the risk and develop their own ideas none of us would have the opportunity to see what really works and to enjoy all of the new technology that we do. I truly believe that every good product out there is a special blend of unique ideas and past proven concepts ,and with every generation of a design, the product should keep getting better if we are all paying attention to what we and others are already doing.

Anyone thinking of trying a set of these new tracks should do so with confidence as Chris is a great guy and a good dealer and am sure that he will stand behind anything that he sells.

Keep up the good work!

Tim

I'm sure that if they are making a claim then it must be true. Looking at the picture of the track again got me thinking...if an Adair track and and ESCargo track got together and had a baby I suppose this is what it might look like.

+ Reply to Thread