Homemade 6x6 with 3 cylinder motor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Homemade 6x6 with 3 cylinder motor

i tested the position of the motor and how it would efect the way it will float i made a quick raft out of 20 liter drums so it had roughly the same surface erea on bottom it was fairly nose heavy but it will do making it float is an extra at the moment but im shore it will be done and also im it wont be used in alot in water anyway

Todays work
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

finished making all the shafts and the hubs it is now standing on its own just have to wait for sprockets and chain then i can give it a test but their is still lots to do like wire up the motor install seats and steering wheel and peddels and floor ecetra excetra

wheels on seats mounted as well as steering wheel and pedals also tackeled the wiring today wich was one hell of a headacke!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

I bet you'll be able to fit 31" tires on there! I'm thinking these Goodyear 31x15.50x15 tires would work nicely.

Industrial Magic
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    I bet you'll be able to fit 31" tires on there! I'm thinking these Goodyear 31x15.50x15 tires would work nicely.

Industrial Magic

Yeah! Float like a cork and swim too!

yer they would be nice

were do you guys think i should run the exhaust out the back or out the side from the motor out the side would be easier but not sure because of fumes i know some 6x6 have exhaust out the side
    what do you guys think?

You could run the exhaust up in the air like a tractor - then you don't have to worry about holes in the body.

But any low branches might bend it back for you.
    I think i would run the exhaust out the side like argo does and just suckup the fumes.

+ Reply to Thread