Homemade 6x6 with 3 cylinder motor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Homemade 6x6 with 3 cylinder motor

bazoo guy that is probaly the easyest option and the fumes shouldnt be to bad if direct it out of the way

probaly wont see much progress now since school whent backtoday but i will have the weekends still all i am waiting for now is chain and sprockets then all i have to do is key the shafts and sprockets then make the steering brake system the hopfully all system go for a test

hey guys i am trying to work out the best way to seal myshafts to the hull i thought of using an oil seal but then thought that if i drive out of water for a while the seal will dry out and wear out then next time i go to use it it will leack any ideas?

I'd give the guys at Buffalo Bearing a call on this one. They'd be the best to ask for a question like this. Tell them you're with 6X6World and they'll take good care of you and help you find the best solution. (716) 874-1720 or 1 (800) 669-8019
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks jpswift1 i might do that but i live in austrailia and am trying to make everything myself to save on cost i was thinking about buying some oil seals and making a holder and running oil between the two seals on each shaft wich should keep the seals lubricated when driving on land

made the steering brake system today forgot to take photos though will take some tomorrow it should work well i dont know yet i am still waiting on sprockets so i can test it hopefully its a goa by next weekend

Thought i had better post up a few more pics of my progress i have put the floor in fitted the brake cylinders and also the exhaust

[IMG][/IMG]

Kelvin I like your start on this machine but I think you should listen to the guys they are telling you put that motor in the center. What will happen on a steep down hill hard brake?, what will happen going fast into the water? floating nose down dont look so good. I cant think of any advantage gained by putting the engine in the front especially considering the weight with the trans axle. Putting it in the reletive center you can use the stock brakes dont forget you will need a jack shaft to cut your speed in half doubling your torq.

Thanks chris
    its great that everyone is showing interest in the build i know what your getting at i realised that it may be a problem from the start but thought that it would be ok after i put the seats in and fuel tank at the back but with having only the four tires on the front me and my brother have to stand on the back of the frame to get the front to move i will have a look at it think about it and might get the angle grinder fired up
    my only problem with putting the motor in the middle is the gears the shifter is mounted to the motor so it will be on the rong side
    also would i put the seat in front or back also the jack shaft will cut it in half so it will do about 40km if i have done my maths corectly

+ Reply to Thread