Hustler T20 question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hustler T20 question

Hustler T20 question

On my newly purchased Hustler 950 I noticed the top two plungers on the T20 stick out from the case quite a ways ( 1 1/2" or so) and when I pull a brake lever, the plunger hangs and then "pops" into the case and applies the band. Looking on the Max website at the T20 pics show the plungers deeper in the case via longer bolts. I was wondering if I needed to get longer bolts to put the plungers deeper in the case? Maybe this is why it's so jerky and hard to steer?
    Last edited by Mike; 01-31-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: moved thread from Hustler forum to Transmission forum

Unfortunately bolts are not the issue.They only hold the linkage into the bands, they do not hold the bands in place. It sounds like you have stretched or worn bands. Time to crack it in half and take a look inside. If the bands are lined well then they have stretched. If the lining is almost gone or gone, re-lining them may do the trick, but your drums may be scarred and need attention. Take some pics and post them. We will be able to tell you what's going on, but yes it needs opened up.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Those plungers are only 1 3/4" in length. If yours are sticking out an inch and a half you must be starting to see the o-ring and the band/roll pin on the clevis end of the plunger. I would say if this is the case,it's time to open that T-20 up. Something is not right there.

Joe.

Here's a pic I took today of what I'm talking about. My measurements may leave something to be desired.
    Attached Images

Crack her open.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Yeah, after doing a little more reading and research I'm afraid you're right. Oh well - Lucky for me I enjoy working on stuff like this. Do I need to go straight to RI to get a rebuild kit and bands?

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Crack her open.
    I second that.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by wmsthree View Post
    Yeah, after doing a little more reading and research I'm afraid you're right. Oh well - Lucky for me I enjoy working on stuff like this. Do I need to go straight to RI to get a rebuild kit and bands?
    Just open it up first to see what parts you need. Once you see the parts you need, post in the wanted section if you need things like drums or bands (if a band is broke). It will be much cheaper to source them here first. Then, the parts you can't find, get from RI along with the seal kit. I imagine one of your bands is broken or the pin is messed up. If the bands are all fine as far as not being broken, you can get those relined and save some $$$

Where do you send the bands to get them relined?

Transmission Crafters in Albany GA (229) 883-8490

+ Reply to Thread