Hustler T20 question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hustler T20 question

If this link works,check out this thread.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trans...surfacing.html

Joe.

Got the tranny out today, haven't cracked it open yet. Spent 4 hours jacking with a 4 wheeler this morning, barely got anything done. Spent one hour on the Hustler and the trans was out on the bench. I think I'm gonna love this thing......

Happy, Happy, Happy! Got the tranny split last night, bands are completely worn out but it looks like they still have lining on them and other than surface rust the drums survived! All I need is a seal and bearing kit and send the bands to get relined and I'm back in business!

Excellent news. It's a good thing the drums are in good shape.......that saved you a lot of money. Now just get your parts and refer to the "How-To" articles and your T-20 will back together and working like new in no time.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...build-how.html
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Theres not much on there in the first place. I dont have one close but maybe someone can tell ya how much is on a new one. You might want to check it before you get it redone. If its stretched it will be useless even if relined. Im not sure if they stretch or what. I have a set that look new, the lining is as thick as it is on a new one and it also lets the plunger come out to far. But after putting a new set in the plunger is back where it should be. Thats probably why i found them still laying around here from back in the 6 wheel heyday. Maybe I will give them to my brother for his birthday..
    He He !!
    Hi Jim
    Last edited by Bill Gerber; 02-05-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Well, this is a good point. How much is supposed to be on there? More importantly how do I tell if they're streched? I've got them boxed and ready to ship - how much do new ones cost?

I think 6X6World member, buggyman has the specs on how much meat is supposed to be on the bands. You might want to send him a message.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Don't quote me but I think relined ones from T/C measure .109/.110". The steel on the ones I'm putting in the trans I'm about to assemble is .060 +/- one or two,they measure .095 total.A reassembled and not yet used one I have is marked .090". The plungers protrude 3/16-1/4" tops. I don't know a way to measure them in length. Maybe measure all of yous with a sewing tape measure and see if one or more are much longer than others? Bill Gerber is right on this one,I wouldn't send them off just yet.

Joe.

OK, so if they're stretched then its back to RI to get new bands? Anyone know how much new ones cost?

There should be a small area near the plunger that dosent contact the drum. if you measure it there with mic's or dial calipers compared to the wear area you should be able to tell. I remember that I compared mine to new ones that i just dug up, because i thought mine were worn out, only to find that my originals were only about .002" thiner at the thinest place. I assumed mine had to be worn out because of the known torture that the machine endured without or with little fluid in it. It leaked and was made worse by a non-vented fill plug. It would get hot and blow oil out everywhere.
    I think bands were just under 100 bucks a pop. But its been awhile tho.
    Other than installing them in the case. I dont know how you would check to see if they were stretched. Ive never had a set that i can say were stretched. But from what i read on here, others have. I was thinking that the set that i have were just made too long (Factory reject). In my case, i run into a lot of that stuff that didn't make it to the dumpster. I guess i find it hard to believe that they stretch. But there has to be a reason that yours are sticking out so far. If its not wear on the lining and the drum is not worn. Anchor pin is ok. It would have to be stretched.

+ Reply to Thread