fuel prob...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: fuel prob...

I think the gasket on bottom of carb where the gas line gos into is shot. so prob not getting proper vac? Not sure I like this carb !!!! lol is there a norm carb I can put on this? I cant wait to ride this thing !!!! thanks Scott

Hey Scott,

There is actually an adaptor for the JLO singles that allow the use of a small VM28(ish?) Mikuni slide and float style carburetor, which would really begin to alleviate your problems. You'll need the carburetor, the adaptor, a separate pulse pump, and a modified throttle and choke cable to make the change.

I don't have the part number for the carb adaptor, but maybe somebody else could be of more help. The JLO singles with these Mikuni's aren't THAT uncommon, but I'm not sure what other applications (other than an Attex ST/295 and 295 Wild Wolf) actually used them.

I'll try to do a little more research and see if anything turns up.

Or you could buy a kit for your carb and rebuild it.
    The carb you have will work at any angle and thats important if you climb your aatv up or down steep hills.
    Float type carbs dont like to be at an angle and vibration can also cause problems.
    Look at the carb on your chainsaw or weed eater.
    A lot of members hate the tilly carbs and im not sure why.
    If you are worried about ethanol eating the rubber in your fuel system just add stabilizer to the fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooo guy View Post
    The carb you have will work at any angle and thats important if you climb your aatv up or down steep hills.
    Float type carbs dont like to be at an angle and vibration can also cause problems.
    Agreed. Any sustained hill climb longer than 4 miles at an angle over 60 degrees should be avoided.
    And vibration? C'mon; the Mikuni was reliable, stock equipment on JLO singles. I'm not trying to defame the Tillotson; he asked if he could put a "norm carb" on it. If you want to invert the Attex and run it, then put a chainsaw carb on it.

No doubt the Mikuni is a good carb and could be used with a few mods.
    If the previous owner rebuilt the carb why is the gasket on the bottom shot
    All im saying is the kit to rebuild his carb is inexpensive and easy to install.
    To me that would be the way to go and if it works would save him some coin for tires

Mikuni
    End the "continuous tweaking" habit before ya have to start going to the meetings and stuff. Ive been clean for decades now..
    Those things can drive you crazy.
    Last edited by Bill Gerber; 02-13-2013 at 11:41 PM.

ok done deal will rebuild this carb.... thanks everybody for info.. I hope to have pic up soon....

hello Harleydice - I'm curious how you made out with the carb issue?? I have the same carb and have rebuilt it completely and changed the fuel lines and tried every thing I could read up on - it gets gas now but doesnt run for beans - I am not liking the Tilotson carbs and will likely replace it with a Mikuni - The float issue is not a problem in my opinion - I have another 6 wheeler ( Max ) it has the float styl carb and works great - ( The tilly drives you silly - another song from the 30's ?

Look at the pic of the carb posted earlier. Its not a hr31a
    Where are the two fuel lines (left side) connected?
    The one on the top left is a fuel return line and must go back to the tank.
    With a hose connected to it and the other end in a container you should see fuel coming out of that fitting.
    Dont plug it or connect it to the fuel line with a t fitting.
    Last edited by Bazooo guy; 02-15-2013 at 09:53 PM.

ok I took carb apart found a glass like ball that was froze.... I taped it came lose sprayed some wd40 on it starts up !!!!!!!!! BUT I still need to clean out tank its a mess it there. I have paint thiner just sitting in there hope to break up stuff on bottom,, What do u guy think about putting water in tank then putting over a fire pit?? maybe that will free thing up in gas tank? any ideas? thanks for everybodys help !

+ Reply to Thread