fuel prob...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: fuel prob...

fuel prob...

Hi I picked up a Attex today I took off gas tank fuel been there for a long time smelled bad!!! I took hose off at tank ... Had to cut and there was a cap where line went in to took off to find there is another line in tank? I need to clean rust out of tank so what do I do with that hose in tank? thanks ..

If its like my superchief that cap should of had a nut on it. With the nut off then it all should fall in the tank. Fish the line out the fill neck with a coat hanger or wire. Had to replace the line in one of my attex tanks last fall.

great thanks !!!!

more fuel prob...

For some reason im not getting fuel into carb? The guy who I got Attex from said carb was rebuilt .... I took bottom of carb off I dont see any flotes?? Im not to sure how this carb works... right now I dont have gas tank hooked up so I took a funnel filled up line with gas nothing.. if I spray stuff in carb will start for a sec... so I fig it a fuel prob.. thanks for looking .. Scott

What kind of engine? Is there a fuel pump? Pics of setup can also help.

Motor is a J.Lo Rockwell ... I dont see any wires for a fuel pump .. Im sure about this kinda carb... Maybe some kind of diaphragm pump in carb?

Hi Scott...

What model Attex do you have? The JLO engines indeed use a pulse style, diaphragm pump. Most earlier (first generation) Attex machines used a tillotson style carb with integrated pump on the single-cylinder engines (and no internal floats). Later models (twin cylinder, and the single 295 JLO) used a Mikuni carburetor (with floats) with a separate plastic pulse pump mounted on the back of the upper body. The clincher is that JLO (outside of their use in Attex machines) also used Tilly's on some twins. So, if something's been retrofitted, it could have a Tilly on a Twin. (sounds like a weird 'ol 1930's song, huh?)

Here's a shot of a Tillotson....

Does this look like your carburator? If so, it could be a torn or leaky diaphragm on the pump. Or, it could be a cracked line, a plugged vacuum port, plugged fuel filter. A number of things. I'd start trouble shooting from the tank back (once you get it hooked up) , and make sure you're at least getting good gravity feed toward the back of the machine, and work to more complex issues after that.

Yes thats the carb !!!! I will check for cracked lines ...and also vac port ... Thanks for all your help !!!!

A common problem is the diaphragm becomes stiff or ruptures.
    The rebuild kits are cheap and easy to install.
    As suggested make sure the fuel is getting to the carb and if it has a return line to the tank
    check that its clear and not cracked.Same with the pulse line (if its external) from the crankcase.
    First thing is to identify your carb and go from there.

Another issue with the pulse pumps do not last long with ethanol gas.

+ Reply to Thread