Melted Fuse box in 05 Avenger

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melted Fuse box in 05 Avenger

Melted Fuse box in 05 Avenger

Has anyone else had an issue with the fuse panel that is located inside the motor housing showing a little sign of deformation from melting.

We have an 05 Avenger and it seems that the one side of the fuse panel is melted a bit. Is this something that is common or should I be looking at other concerns.

I am looking at moving the panel completely to avoid further damage, just wanted to see if other people have had this issue.

I tried searching for this topic but didn't find anything. If there is another post about this can someone please post the link.

Thanks

Is the melting happening at a fuse connection? Sometimes a bad crimp or connection on the + line side can cause this to happen without the fuse blowing.

I'd replace the fuse block and all the fuses if you haven't already done so.

Ya we are replacing the fuse box and going to look at moving it. One of the fuses was melted badly so it may have been just that, a bad fuse and that is what caused it.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread