2000 Argo Conquest Transmission Help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Argo Conquest Transmission Help

2000 Argo Conquest Transmission Help

I pulled my tranny out in order to rebuild it because it keeps jumping out of gear. The laptop I had my manuals on has bit the big one and I cannot for the life of me find the link to it again. If anyone has one or knows the link to a transmission repair manual it would be greatly appreciated. I have not taken one apart so it is probably quite important to have one thanks
    Sorry Mike, I should have put this in the Transmission forum.....not sure how now.
    Last edited by AlbertaRider; 02-11-2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Should have put in Transmission Forum

Give this link a try, it is where I got mine.
    Argo Parts Manuals

Thanks Moos, this should get me rolling! I had a shop manual that described the tear down and reassembly procedure, but unless the computor guru gets my laptop working I may be SOL. Im going to start ripping it apart today and hopefully the problem is REALLY evident so I know what to replace.

Ok, i found what i was looking for...i'll try to put the link in.
    http://www.argoadventure.com/uploade...0%20Models.pdf
    Hope this works.....

A/R, when you get that thing apart look very closely at the input shaft gear and the sliding gear. Maybe even take them to the dealer and do a side by side look see. It should be very apparent if there is any degredation or brinneling on the gear teeth. // RR

Gotter ripped apart...not hard to figure out the problem.. Going to do all bearings and seals while im in there. Idler(reverse?)gear and bushings. Main gear shaft and both sliding gears. Oh well, should be solid afterwards.

Hey buddy dont throw that input shaft out, it makes an awsome tool for your driven clutch. Clamp it in a vise, solder a piece of 1/4" key stock in the slot and screw a piece of all thread in the end. // RR

As long as you're in there you may want to check the planetary bushings for wear.

I will definately be going through everything checking for wear. I already notice that I will need to send in the main case to get milled out, the reverse idler shaft mount is worn oval and needs to be built up and milled out. Not too many people around here can do that, so I'm hoping to find one in GP, a couple hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidroy View Post
    Hey buddy dont throw that input shaft out, it makes an awsome tool for your driven clutch. Clamp it in a vise, solder a piece of 1/4" key stock in the slot and screw a piece of all thread in the end. // RR
    Hey RR you have a photo of this tool? Sounds like it would be like a puller or a slide hammer type thing if I built it like you say.

+ Reply to Thread