Changing Fluids in Argo Engine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Changing Fluids in Argo Engine

Quote Originally Posted by brushcutter View Post
    Pickup tube whadya mean pickup tube?!?! Not familiar with the tank setup on argos, but I don't recall ever reading anything about a pick up tube. Is that for real, they aren't gravity fed through the bottom of the tank? If so that could explain a lot, if it has one, then you probably hit the nail dead center! You could blow the tank up like a balloon and never get a drop out if this is the case! And there is a better than good chance it could be knocked off during the draining/cleaning/drying process!
    They are not gravity fed from the bottom of the tank. Under the seat, at the top of the tank, there is a 90 deg Plastic fitting that screws into the tank top. The fitting has a plastic tube that goes from the fitting to the bottom of the tank. The fuel suction line is clamped to the outlet of this plastic fitting.
    Also, keep in mind that a lot of these fuel tanks have a Vent Line, so blowing into the fuel tank inlet could be a waste of breath.

RD

i know my 87 8x8 fuel tank only has the filler tube and one plastic fuel line tube out of the top of the tank. there is no vent line.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Well, that could be a REEALLYY BIG help! Is this line situated so that xusarmy could shine a flashlight -repeat- flashlight, in the filler opening and see if in fact he dislodged it during the cleaning process?
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Flashlight possibly. I didn't catch if he ever tried blowing from engine side of fuel line to tank to see if he hears gurgling. If not then the toolbox needs to be removed to access the pick up tube.

i think he said in post #64 on page 7 that he could blow thru the fuel line at the filter back to the tank and hear bubbles, i think i would try so siphon from tank side of filter to try to get fuel to engine compartment. the filter is usually close to engineand if we get fuel to there we can test fuel pump.

Ok guys. Here's the update I changed all the fluids and got the fuel pump primed and now the engine is running good, but as I move forward it makes this metal sound so I examined it closer and saw the axel coming out the gear case on the right side (if your sitting in it) is kind of wobbeling and the bolts that hold it are gone... not real sure on what to do. Perhaps there shear bolts and I should just replace them idk? Sorry I took so long I ve been busy starting a farm

Post a picture, what you are describing doesn't work with Argo's. We'll help.

+ Reply to Thread