Foot shifting

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Foot shifting

Foot shifting

I did a bit of searching to see if anyone has talked about this. Did not find anything. Would be interested to hear from someone who has seen or tried this.

I am going to experiment/try a foot operated split shift system for the T-20. I like the concept of trying to keep your hands on the sticks at all times.

It will have independent L/R shifting with L/R foot. Pedals will be centered just to the left and right side of the tunnel. You should be able to rest your foot outboard for general driving and use the pedals when going into reverse, etc. Forward will be forward direction. Up and back would be the reverse direction. Mocking it up now.

If after I try it, I don't like it then will go back to conventional levers.
    Last edited by 2gnospam; 02-20-2013 at 02:10 PM.
    Thanks,
    Gary

Sounds interesting!
    Thomas

94 MAX IV, 16 Vanguard, Aqua Torques, 1 1/4" wheel spacers

I like this idea

I am envisioning a rocker type foot pedal, push with the toes for FWD, push with heels for REV. Place them directly in front of the laterals so it would be a little unnatural to have your feet on them.
    I think this mod would also go well with the foot rests I put on my maxII bigfoot. They would help to keep your feet off the shifters.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Looks good Jim

I like the wheel chocks. I am working out the geometry now. Maybe have the first cut (one side) done tonight. The challenge is keeping the shift rods low and still having a reasonable pivot location. I am going to try one method and see how it goes.
    Thanks,
    Gary

+ Reply to Thread