Tracks for a Max II? - Who sells these? Where can i find them?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tracks for a Max II? - Who sells these? Where can i find them?

Tracks for a Max II? - Who sells these? Where can i find them?

I have a 99 Max II, can anyone help me find track for my max? thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SumpCommander View Post
    I have a 99 Max II, can anyone help me find track for my max? thanks!!!
    where do you live ?

you can get tracks at any max or argo dealer or if you are in Canada, the classified are filled with the argo plastic tracks for cheap.

then again, nothing is stopping you to get 3 used snowmobile tracks and make your own set. (I'm using 3 used polaris 1.5" tracks paid 100$ each)
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

Im in the USA, I would need the full kit too unfortunately, I guess the "kit" would include wheel extenders & other things necessary prior to mounting the tracks?
    Would argo tracks really work on a max??

Call Tim at adair argo he makes awsome tracks for mud, I just bought a used pair from and older argo that fix my maxII

what classifieds are the argo tracks in? I need some sections for the standard 13" tracks, and do you have any pics of your snowmachine tracks and how you built them?

Yes, Tim at Adair Argo sells them, I had a set on the 1999 Max2 I owned for a period of time, great tracks, and it really unleashed the beast that a Max2 really is-one of the most all around capable machines ever built.

tracks

Hi, I just put a set of adair tracks on my 93 max11. Comes with off set rims. Easy to install. The kit with shipping to northern new York was $3040.00. Worth every penny. Nemo just hit us. Was able to pull out of the garage and drive through two-two1/2 feet of snow. I plowed all day. Many driveways. Had a blast. Could plow up a bank and drive right over it. I highly recommend them. My humble little Max has a monster inside her!
    Last edited by tattooman; 02-10-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Hey Tatooman can you put up any pictures of your machine in the deep snow I would like to see what I need I would like to set up my max to go ine the deep snow .

Just keep in mind that if you get the standard MAX tracks you'll have to run the stock 21 inch tires otherwise they won't fit. I like the idea listed of making your own from used sled tracks. Also, don't try using them in thick mud, we did that and axles were snapping left and right. Just too much tension on the axles when turning. Live and learn on that one.

I dryfitted my Adair tracks on my tan Max2 with 22" tires and they fit. I had modified the upper body with a heat gun and put on 3/4" spacers and they worked. Things were close though with about half an inch of clearance on the top and 3/4" on the inside.

+ Reply to Thread