2003 Conquest complete restoration

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2003 Conquest complete restoration

2003 Conquest complete restoration

Picked up this 2003 Conquest for cheap......it only has 250 hours on it but it doesn't run and the frame is broken.....all the bearings and chains are shot too ....should be fun

Last edited by XVR; 02-24-2013 at 12:34 PM.

First on the list was to degrease and pressure wash the years of neglect off the old girl

Removed all the chains, sprockets and axle shafts.....then lifted the frame out of the tud.....and more pressure washing....

With the frame out I can now fix the broken chain tensioner support and cracked frame

Looks like a good project that will pay off. Where and how was the frame broken?
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

The chain tensioner support was welded to the floor pan and not the frame....it looks like it has been broken for years.... I fixed all of them with a much heavier weld.

Spent the next couple days cleaning and painting. Made a huge list of parts needed to bring her back to life...

Also picked up a pair of Bolduc 20" wide rubber tracks with wheel spacers and heavy duty tensioner blocks

Most of the parts came in today so I started assembling the drivetrain

New rotors, chains and jackshafts were also on the list.....this thing was in bad shape

Very inspirational, looks awesome. This makes me want to dig my "fixer-upper" out of the 4ft of snow it's in, and start rebuilding.

RD

+ Reply to Thread