2003 Conquest complete restoration

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Conquest complete restoration

This machine blows me away with the pulling power it has....

This is over 2000lbs of flooring that we pulled across a lake for five miles covered in 12 inches of slush......simply amazing!!!!

Thanks for the response XVR. I will look into some automotive paint polish next time I get to town.

Last week I broke an axle flange on the old Argo. The early style stamped steel flange is not up to the task.

I ordered all the parts to convert to the HD setup like on the new machines ( only on the front and rear ) The HD axles are a much hevier design with a 1/2 inch thick flange .....way stronger. I also converted to the HD bearing upgrade. Everyone has been telling me to use track tuners....so I will give them a try.

Last edited by XVR; 04-13-2013 at 05:37 PM.

The HD upgrade was a very straight forward install. The only thing I changed was to install 90 deg. grease nipples to make greasing easier with tracks on.

The Adair track tuners are 2 3/4" and the Bolduc axle spacers are 2 1/2" ..... so adair supplied me with 1/4" spacers....great guys to deal with.

looks great XVR! Nice touch on the 90 degree zerks. So simple yet worth a million bucks. Especially if you don't have newer holes in your spacers and hub flanges, wheels.

I had some Dynamat left over so I put some behind the engine cover in hopes of making the ride a little quiter.

It made a big difference....much better than expected

I am doing a similar rebuild on a 1990 magnum. allot of work but worth the time

Going to give the old girl a yearly face lift.....first on the list is a new top from Argo

Also on the list is to upgrade the sound system.... adding two speakers, a powered subwofer and a 300 watt amp should get her rockin. Also want to spend some time to lower engine and transmision noise..... I have a few ideas.

Your work is outstanding! Awesome restoration and mods!

+ Reply to Thread