My first Hustler!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: My first Hustler!

Is anybody on here making hustler decals? Getting down to the nitty gritty, will have final product pictures soon....
    DanW

Hey Dan. Search the threads for "hustler decal". It has been discussed before. I need to get some myself.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber View Post
    Hey Dan. Search the threads for "hustler decal". It has been discussed before. I need to get some myself.
    How many do you need? If I can acquire some il gladly send some your way.
    DanW

The end is in sight! If there ever is an end, I have quite a list of things I want to do for personal mods.
    I found my accelerator pump to be frozen, then upon further inspection it was rotted off under the diaphragm. The guy who previously owned this engine must've really neglected it. I cleaned probably a pound and half of dirt and oil out of the cooling fins and backside of the flywheel, I didn't know there was enough room to pack that much dirt in there. Oh well it's all nice and fresh now, just waiting to order my worked over carb from zach Kerber machine and design. I redesign my laterals and shifters already, the shifters need a little more work but will do their job for now. Went to town for a couple hours with the heat gun, she likes like a different machine. Thank you guys for the help and support along the way. Keeping my fingers crossed to get it in the woods for PA rifle season.
    Attached Images
    DanW

Looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber View Post
    Looking good!
    Thank you very much, it's taking me longer than I hoped but I'm not cutting corners, it should last me a good long while.
    DanW

Well I been dragging my feet with this cold weather, but the ol girl is gonna be the best I can make her be. Kohler is finally in the tub and just as suspected I'm gonna be stretching and remolding a spot for the clutch to clear the side. No big deal one of the ol ladys stainless mixing bowls a little smaller than the clutch wedged in there and some heat gun magic should have it fitting like a glove. Now to modify the laterals, one more time for the third time, and the shift linkage one more time for the fourth time and she's trail worthy. Wiring harness should be a breeze and running a gas line and the top can be bolted down. Bust out the sewing machine and try my hand at some upholstery and she should be comfy. Too close to cut corners now. Hopefully I'm riding soon, put my foot in my mouth with the "it should be done by" too many times. Itl be done when it's done lol. Thank you guys for all the help tips tricks encouraging and motivation, this is truly a piece to be proud of, and I could not have done it without you guys. Now if my internet will give me enough speed to get a couple pics up il be happy. Well no pictures sorry guys, after my ban is lifted you can catch the most recent pics on Facebook my crap internet won't even let me select a file but tells me to select a file when I hit upload just to see what happens. Smart phone my ass.
    DanW

Quote Originally Posted by Dw89xj View Post
    Well I been dragging my feet with this cold weather,
    I hear that, just like me. And I have heat in the garage. Must be an old man (in) winter thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mfenmor View Post
    I hear that, just like me. And I have heat in the garage. Must be an old man (in) winter thing.
    I can't take it like I used to and I'm only 37, some days I feel about 137 though. I can't wait to have a garage, il be in it more than my home lol
    DanW

enthusiasm brings in energy and heat !! j.b.

+ Reply to Thread