Quote Originally Posted by Dw89xj View Post
I bought 2 inch freeze plugs just for this, then I can make different inserts and easily change them out with just a couple set screws or allen head bolts.
Frost plugs work awesome. Drill holes in them to get the sound and back pressure you need or are you doing different sized exhaust pipe tapered to fit the plugs? Either way works. Or a combination of both? I've seen so many people in the past who burnt out engines from not having enough back pressure on cars, trucks, quads, dirt bikes, etc start smoking and, or burning out exhaust valves. The right amount you'll still have great power, smooth throttle, good fuel mileage, and my personal favourite is a long lasting, low maintenance engine. I can tell that you have this figured out. I have my argo to the point where you hardly hear the engine running and have it using a bit less fuel, with no loss of power. The trans is louder than the engine now. Just have to get a small video soon and post it once I finish the tweeks. Each one I do makes the smile per mile larger.